United Health Care / fraud

1 Helotes, TX, United States

January 26, 2015 I set up automatic payment by phone. UHC took one payment out, (referenced on my financial institution statement as an automatic payment.

During the month of April 2015 I called UHC regarding the statements I was receiving from my health care providers; my providers had not been receiving payment. I was advised by the UHC representative that all would be paid and there was no problem.

June 17, 2015 I received a letter from UHC stating, "This is your monthly billing statement for your health insurance plan. Payment is due in full on or before 06/01/2015." The letter also states there I have an outstanding balance of $159, 93. I immediately called UHC remind them that I had automatic payment set up. I was advised that my insurance had been cancelled, they had no record of my automatic payment, nor the name of the representative I established the automatic payment. I said, "well let's resolve this right now. I will give you a payment now." I was advised they would not accept a payment. I was also advised that five previous letters were sent, (none of which I have received). Upon the termination of my telephone conversation, I signed in to my online account with UHC to discover that my health insurance had bee cancelled on March 31, 2015.

I was discussing the bama Care plan with my physician and was informed that written into the agreement with healthcare facilities accepting bama Care, that in the event a participant does not pay their premimun for three months, the insurance company will cancel the client and all funds paid to the physician will be demanded back to the insurance company.

Based on my personal experience and the thousands of complaints online regarding UHC, i have to wonder if this is not standard practice for UHC to rid their rolls of seniors not quite eligible for Medicare, or members with serious health issues.

Kc