United Furniture Warehouse / Customer service/delivery

Canada Review updated:
4.6

My boyfriend and I purchased some furniture in August. We bought a leather couch, an entertainment unit, coffee table, rug, bed side tables with the matching dresser and bed. They had 2 phone numbers and addresses for us as my boyfriends mom purchased the furniture but we gave them our information and they had it added as the primary contact info. It is stated on our invoice as such. We were supposed to have the furniture(except the couch it was on back order till late Sept) delivered on Sept 1st as we were going on holidays the day after that and didnt want to wait.
We didnt hear from them and didnt think much of it. So we came back from vacation and went to the store the following weekend Sept 15th. We set up a delivery for the following weekend and found out our couch would now be coming in late October. Saturday rolls around and we spend all day getting rid of our old furniture so we have room for the new stuff. At around 3 we call to find out when they should be as we have been waiting all day. They went to my boyfriends parents house to deliver the furniture and didnt call me because apparently our address and phone number wasnt there for them to see. So I complained and the woman said they would change the delivery day to Tuesday evening and that my boyfriends mom could come in at anytime and have the delivery charge reversed onto her credit card, she didnt have to bring anything with her.
Tuesday comes and so does our furniture after 10pm. The moving guys were very good in fact we tipped them for their work. They finished close to 11pm. We went to bed after trying to assemble furniture till 1am. The next day we tried to finish and discover that 2 of the pieces for the entertainment unit are quite damaged.
Later my boyfriend calls UFW and they tell him they will send it a technician to fix the pieces(which never happened).
We eventually go in on a weekend and ask about the replacements as we would like our new furniture and he says maybe end of Nov which is when our couch should be in. Fabulous. My boyfirends mom is with us and tried to get the delivery charge refunded, the girl sees no message about it and says no. After dealing with her for 15 minutes I check with the manager and he approves it remembering the conversation that took place over the phone. Her money is refunded. We leave after I make sure again that they have my phone number and address on file to contact me when these items are in.
Weekends go by and my boyfriends mom gets a voice message at her home that our couch is in. They called her. Again. So we call this past weekend to get our couch delivered. My boyfriend asks about our replacements for the entertainment unit and she claims it is not anywhere on her computer and she doesnt know what he is talking about. He talks to her for a while and gets her to ask the manager and sure enough they figure it out and they are in. He sets up delivery for the following tuesday which is today. He tells them we work until 4pm each and could they be delivered later in the evening. On my way home that day I get a phone call from my boyfriend saying we wont be getting our furniture today because they tried to deliver it a 4pm! That evening my boyfriend calls again and goes over the same thing again. Next day the delivery guy shows up at 2:30! So I call the store and get some girl that transfers me to the manager before I barely say anything. I ask him about getting the stuff delivered later in the evening and he tells me that they dont do such a thing!? So how did we get the furniture the first time? Doesn't matter, he says it can't be done and I have to call back the next day as our stuff is in limbo and can't be set up for delivery. So I call on Thursday and the girl who barely speaks english just transfers me to the Assistant manager before trying to help me. So now I have delivery set up for Saturday afternoon. Which sucks because we are housesitting in the suburbs and now have to drive back to sit around and wait for furniture that Im just not too faithful in anymore. So here I am with no couch as we had to get friends to come over and move it Monday night(Remembrance Day). And my pieces to the entertainment unit in the middle of my living room ready to be moved.
What an experience let me tell you olmost 3 months of waiting on bought and paid for furniture. This is the first time in my life that I have ever taken the time to write out a complaint about a company. Oh and none of the email adresses on the website seem to work. They were all returned as address "not found". I even tried to send them from work and I work at a bank so it should have gone through!

Comments

Rh
  29th of Jul, 2008
Well...I wish I investigated this company BEFORE I purchased. My story is a little more "damaging"

This morning I received a call from someone saying that my couch would be delivered between 10:00 and 1:00...

Well the delivery guys decided that the space was a "little" tight. But if the banister was removed...they would have more than enough room! So one guy asked if I had a drill, I said no but I have a screwdriver. So I removed ONE screw and they removed the other five screws...no problem right?

BIG PROBLEM...now that there is no banister they force the couch down leaving major holes in my wall one guys arm went right through my wall! And they say it is not their problem! I will NEVER deal with this company again! If I can save one person from pain and suffering and money...it's worth it! Please be careful ad most of all read the "FINE PRINT"!!!
De
  1st of Dec, 2009
I bought a loveseat. I paid for the special package to protect the fabric. The delivery came after 7:00p.m., which was very late. Then as they carried it in they snagged it on a picture hanging in the hall. My husband heard them say something. Later we looked and they had snagged it making 3 holes and pulling out 3 strings. that was in Sept. I have called repeatedly asking for an upholstery person to come and repair. Every time I am told the manager is out but he will call you. This is December. I am still calling, I am asking for my money back now. We'll see.
Un
  12th of Oct, 2010
United Furniture Warehouse - owned by The Brick.
Let me know if and how you ever get a refund.
I can't even find anyone to contact accept the store
manager. She says nothing wrong with recliner,
no refund, no service. I have nowhere to go with this.
Na
  23rd of Oct, 2010
Hi am having the most funny mad experience ever in ufw in Sydney, Rose bay.. !!!
I purchased a matrass that is to firm. I am trying to exchange it according to return policy on web..
Two sale assistans lie and lie to me several times making compleat nonsense.. trully, it is hysterika... :)

Here it is...

(Just to note, the policy about return is obviously created to attract customers.. right or wrong, that is the information on their web : if your not happy with the matrass and if it is in its original condition and packaging it is ok to exchange)

The person that i have been dealing with in first place, after hearing my story, trying very hard to avoid me. His partner keeps telling me on phone that this person is no longer in store, that he is absent forever, as he dealing with deliveries from now on only .. suspicious i am entering the store in 15 min, as i live near by. Both of them are standing in a store, looking at me with their breath bated..

Ok i said, never mind, noticing that one of them around 20 years of age and the other around 60 :) perfectly fine in that conspiracy together regardless of the age difference..
So as one of them going away to a delivery duties forever, i am talking to the other.. he is trying to justify by relocating guilty part on me, bring to my acknowledge, that the matrass, that i wish to change, they no longer can resell for original price.. that they have to loose money by reselling it.. than he added that it is a shame on me for trying to change it.. as i am starting to feel really bad, he adds, by asking me about my feelings if i am though have buy a matrass after somebody else.. :) :) :)

Well i said, it is not my rules. It is your company rules, that are clearly stated on a web agreement about returns.. Yes, he said it is a rule, but what if everyone try follow that rule. As he looking at me with anger, i am leaving him, and moving with hope catch the other gay, that still trying to run away from me.. The 20 year old gay..

As i am reaching him and talking to him, i am rediscovering that all returned matrasses get send back to warehouse, that it is ok to change a matrass .. than he added that he has to check with the owner of the store prior my exchange...

ok i said.. but who is the owner???? Isn't he is in Canada.. ? Maybe a manager i am asking?. No, replaying the younger gay.. a big boss..! the owner..!

As we finished agreement about asking permission to exchange my matrass from his majesty "big boss", the older gay catching up with us proclaiming with importance on his face, that he can do a big favour for me, exactly, taking my matrass under store shelter and resell it for a lesser price, precisely he said for what ever price it can be sold as a second hand...

ba ha ha ha ah...

I meeeeeen come on!!! Dont you think it is the worse ever.. ! :) :) :) :)

So there is the new return policy for ufw : if your not happy with our product, we not only can exchange it, but we will accompany it with a cirque du soleil...

The story follows..
Km
  20th of Jan, 2014
The warranty is a waste of money the customer service is not service at all. Buyer beware never buy from united or the brick.

I bought the extended warranty in Oct of this year. Figured we'd never use it we'll I was wrong my cat ended up with diabetes and peed on the couch on a Thursday I called on the sat and was told they were not open call back Monday so I called Monday oh it's been over 72 hrs it's not covered, I asked for a manager I got hung up on. I called back angry now and got hung up on I called back yelling now and got hung up on. I called back spoke to a different lady who took my info as she put me on hold I checked me couch where it was damaged turned out the cat peed on it again, found a fresh pile. I told her this when she picked back up. The coverage got turned down because the original stain was over 72 hrs old and the new stain makes two stained they don't cover multiple stains. I was told today a manager would call me in 48hrs.
I called the store I bought it from the sales lady was confused why it wasn't covered and told me to keep calling till I get a manager after writing this warning that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to call till I get a manager today! And as for my cat he has a dr appointment to see if we need to euthanize what a bad day. If united or the brick would like me to recommend them they can correct it. Here's my email kristina_mackenzie@hotmail.com. If not too bad I am buying a new house and liked the sales guy I was gonna purchase a new house full! Which is a lot as we have two toddlers who need big girl rooms and I want a new bed set.

United Furniture Warehouse Logo United Furniture Warehouse