UK National Lottery / Asking for bank transaction money to get winnings - beware!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I am Mahesh Chandra Vashistha from Jaipur, India. I got a email from Rhea Johnson on my email address on June 6th that I am selected as winner for the final draws of UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY, international Lottery program. I was told that i got a cash prize of £450,000.00 (Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pounds). I was so surprised after getting this mail and excited to get this cash prize, then i mailed to Mr. Martin A Mac to give further information as they wanted me too. I told some of my friends about this mail and cash prize, first they all were also surprised, but one of my friend told me this may be fraud. After 2 days I got another messages from Harrison Finchley who told himself as Fund Release Manager of SEA-GATE FINANCIAL TRUST FUNDS and told me that I had to pay about 1020 pounds money to transfer your cash prize in my own country's bank, and an another mail came from Mr. Morris Patterson Customer Services, Parcelflight Courier Services and asked me to pay for the parcel delivery charge in different categories. Then i searched detail about SEA-GATE FINANCIAL TRUST FUNDS and Parcelflight Courier Services in the united kingdom. I shocked that these both are fake and frauds as I was going to pay to these. Thank god I did lose any money in this fraud lottery company, but i want to tell other people around the world that please check about the companies or firms those who wants you to pay before.

Comments

15th of Jun, 2007

Same here :-) This company seems to share an idea: "You are unique just like everybody else around you"

Regards.

22nd of Jun, 2007

My Stepfather passed away in July of 2006. In June of 2007 my mother received a notice and an enclosed check in the amount of $4,900 stating my stepfather had won $490,000. She was sure this was a fraud and sure enough your posting help to confirm that.

I have heard the FBI has been involved in some of these types of cases and international law sometimes prevents them from pursuing companies like Gate Financial Trust.

Unfortunately, certain people do fall for these scams.

2nd of Jul, 2007

The same as above DRAMA had became With Mr, Mahesh From INDIA, It is going with me, But GOD helped me That I could Not Pay Any thing to Bloody any one... I Will Suggest Lot of young People & you That DON'T believe In this type of Fraud Mails. They are the World wide Cheaters, entering Through net ZONE.

• Za
      5th of Jul, 2007

I sent my personal information not knowing this is happening a lot allover the world. What would you do after you send your personal information for those.

15th of Jul, 2007

To : Gambling Commission Government UK,
    Victoria Square House,
    Victoria Square,
    Birmigham B2 4BP.

Subject : Request for your help for releasing my lottery prize amount from UK National lottery online sweepstakes International program ( www.luckysurf.co.uk ).

With reference to above I would like to bring to your kind notice the following facts :-

I was declared ( rajesh_1wn@yahoo.co.in ) as winner of above lottery prize amount of 480.204.00 pounds from the above ( copy of email enclosed ) and I was asked to send 583.45 pounds towards insurance, courier charges and to enable them to send the said amount to me.

As a belong to a poor family I expressed my inability to send this amount. Afterwards the Director of UK lottery ( www.luckysurf.co.uk ) decided to transfer the prize amount directly to me and I was advised to contact Lloyds bank Mrs. Lynn Jean, Manager, International transfer, Lloyds TSB, Bately Branch, 25 commercial street, Bately Branch, WF 17 SEQ Lloyds TSB ( copy of Email is enclosed ) .

Accordingly I contacted Mrs. Lynn Jean and gave all particulars of my nominated account into which the prize amount is to be transfered. But I was surprised to receive a letter from Mrs. Lynn Jean, Manager, Lloyds Bank, Bately Branch, asking me to send 850 pounds towards activation charges since my account at bately branch has become a dormant account. I had already informed www.luckysurf.co.uk expressing my in ability to arrange for even for 583.45 pounds but on the contrary I was asked to arrange for activation charges of 850 pounds. after long correspondence Mrs. Lynn Jean, Manager,Lloyds Bank, made it clear that the prize amount can not be transfered unless activation charges is paid.

With great difficulty I arranged for 850 pounds towards activation charges and deposited into a personnel account of " A1 Medical and General Store " held at I C I C I Bank, Boisar Branch, in India on 26-2-2007. and I was waiting for transfer of my prize amount.

Unfortunately instead of getting my funds transfered to my nominated account, I was again asked by Mrs. Lynn Jean to send 650 pounds towards Revenue Commission and 400 pounds towards non Residential tax. The Amount was also deposited into the personnel accounts of " Sylvia Ashong, held in I C I C I Bank, Boisar Branch, in India 23-3-2007 and " A .G Enterprises " held in I C I C I Bank, Boisar Branch, in India, 24-4-2007 respectively.

All this amount was begged and borrowed from my friends and realtives. With a hope of getting my funds transfered to my nominated account at the earliest. But I was shocked to find a letter from Mrs. Lynn Jean asking me again to deposit 1500 pounds towards C O T code charges. I expressed my extreme difficulty in arranging for any further amount to deposit. Mrs. Lynn Jean turned deafears towards my cries. Ultimately I sold out my property to arranging for 1500 pounds and deposited the same into the personnel account of " A. G Enterprises, held in I C I C I Bank, Boisar Branch, in India, as per her Mrs. Lynn Jean instructions on 12-4-2007.

For all these days I was never told about all these charges either by Director of UK National lottery, sweepstake International program or by Mrs. Lynn Jean, Manager, Lloyds Bank, earlier. every time Mrs. Lynn Jean used to write that no more charges to be paid by me and the prize amount is expected to be received by me within 72 Hours.

All my hopes were thrown in the air when instead of receiveing my prize amount I received a letter from Mrs. Lynn Jean asking me to send 850 pounds towards reactivation charges. I wrote Mrs. Lynn Jean about my critical, financial condition and my inability to arrange for the amount. With great difficulty I deposited 850 pounds into the personnel account of "Khudrakpam Hemadevi" held at U T I Bank, through Bellary Branch Karnataka- State, in India on 9-5-2007.

By this time it was already 7 to 8 Months all the creditors started pressuring me for returning there loan amounts and they started to lose faith and confidence in me. Because my prize amount could not be received by me even after a lapse of 8 Months. they started calling me a cheat.

My mental torture and agony knew no bounds. Under such circumstance Mrs.Lynn Jean instead of arranging for transfer of my lottery prize amount to my nominated account it was transfered to International clearance department at Lloyds Bank, Bately Branch.

In turn the Manager International clearance department Lloyds Bank Mr. Dennis Trevol, Dr. Hennry Gerrad wrote me to send 2500 pounds towards funds clearance fees. All the sources of raising funds have been exhausted. My number of request letters to Mrs. Lynn Jean, Dennis Trevol, Dr. Hennry Gerrad asking them to release my funds immediately to enable me to send there clearance charges immediately after the receipt of my funds have been in vain.

Sir, this is the episode by which I would become Bankrupt, frustrated in life and I am left with no alternate other than committing suicide under the pressure of the creditors, mental torture on account of Mrs. Lynn Jean fraudulent acts which made me a bigger.

I do not know whether I am going to get the lottery amount or not. I am the poorest man and living with a loaf of bread with my aged mother having lost everything on account of this lottery and Mrs. Lynn Jean. So far I have paid totally 4250 pounds to Mrs. Lynn Jean in different fictitious accounts. I don't know whether these are legal charges or not.

You are kindly requested to look into the matter on priority and see that my prize amount is released immediately or to get refund of my all the charges of 4250 pounds paid to Mrs. Lynn Jean.

Your kind and promt necessary action in the matter is requested and help me please to get either my prize amount or my amount of 4250 pounds all ready sent to them.

I furnish here under my account at Lloyds Bank Bately Branch and the Name and Address all the above concerned the persons and departments for your ready reference.

Thanking you

1) Fiduciary Agent : Rev Nick Robert
    Email : rev_nick_robert2006@yahoo.co.uk
    Phone : +447011128389.

2) Air Frieght Courier Service :

Name : Mr. Fred Smith ( Dispatch Officer )
    Head Office : Air frieght courier service

Email : internationaltransfer_manager@llbukinter.co.uk
    Phone : +447045713378.

5) Dennis Trevol / Dr.Henry Gerrad
    Director Clearance Department
    International Discount House, UK.

Email : dennis_trevol@consultant.com

Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:29:19 +0200 (MEST)
    From: "ukonline_2006@terra.es" View Contact Details
    Subject: CONGRATULATIONS

MOTTO: TO ENCOURAGE THE USE OF COMPUTER AND INTERNET.

UK ONLINE NOTIFICATION DESK.
    GOVERNMENT ACCREDITED LICENSED!!

(Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/9420X/05
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369

WINNING NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw (#978) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International program held on 6th october,2006. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 5647560054 188 with Serial number 5368/02 jack pot lotto winners drew the lucky numbers: (-02-06-21-34-35-49-(46-)" bonus no 46. which subsequently won"you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e. match 5 plus bonus. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of GBP48O, 204.00 (FOUR HUNDRED AND EIGHTY THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND FOUR POUNDS) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03 in a total sum of £1,000,000 (ONE million pounds sterlings) lotto jackpot shared amongst the first four (10) lucky winners in this category i.e. Match 5 plus! Bonus with percentage 16.9% .All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online.

This promotion takes place weekly. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our London booklet representative office in London as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your 480,204 (four hundred and eighty thousand , two hundred and four pound sterling)
    would be released to you by any of our payment offices in London. Our fiduciary agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him.For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your
    claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part! of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned. For payment, please do provide with the following informations: And send to our Fiduciary Agent.

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:55:01 +0000 (GMT)
    From: "rev nick robert" View Contact Details
    Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.co.uk. Learn more
    Subject: ATTN:CONTACT COURIER FOR PRIZE DELIVERY

(Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/9420X/05
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369

ATTENTION:WINNER,

CONGRATULATIONS!This is to inform you that you have been cleared a winner of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY online Sweepstakes International program. I am happy to inform you that i have forwarded your Original Certificate and your mode of prize collection to the courier company. Find below the details of the courier company.

CONTACT AIR FRIEGHT COURIER SERVICE

HEAD OFFICE :AIR FRIEGHT COURIER SERVICE

BR30-36 NEW PORT,CARDIFF
    BRCF24 ODE,
    BRUNITED KINGDOM
    NAME: MR FRED SMITH (dispatch officer)

EMAIL:airfreightdeliveryservices2006@yahoo.co.uk
    PHONE:+447024083694

You are adviced to send the courier company a mail to their email address for their courier cost.When contacting them,you are to include this order number as your subject.Please you are advised to write down the order number and save it.

ORDER NUMBER:657252

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:11:15 +0000 (GMT)
    From: "AIRFREIGHTCOURIER SERVICES" Add to Address Book
    Subject: ATTN:CONTACT BANK
    To: "rajesh rajesh" rajesh_1wn@yahoo.co.in

ATTN:WINNER,

THE DIRECTORS OF UK LOTTERY HAS DECIDED TO TRANSFER YOUR PRIZE DIRECTLY TO YOU BECAUSE OF LIMITED TIME.

BELOW IS CONTACTED DETAILS OF BANK,YOU ARE ADVICE TO CONTACT BANK IMMEDIATELY FOR YOUR PRIZE TRANSFER.

ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND DIRECTORS OF UK LOTTERY I SAY CONGRATULATION ONCE MORE.

BANK CONTACT DETAILS:

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:02:06 +0000
    From: info@llbukinter.co.uk Add to Address Book
    To: "rajesh rajesh"
    Subject: ATTN:CLARIFICATION ON AMOUNT TO BE REMITTED BY YOU FOR TAX NEEDED

ATTN:CUSTOMER IN RESPONSE TO YOUR MAIL I WANT TO INFORM THAT I WOULD FORWARD YOU AN ACCOUNT THAT YOU ARE REQUIRE TO DEPOSIT THE TAX FEE. BUT FIRST LETS CLARIFY THE EXACT AMOUNT TO BE PAID BY YOU WHEN TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR TAX AND THE AMOUNT PROMISE BY ME TO ASSIST YOU WITH. I THINK YOU HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD MY GOOD INTENTIONS TO ASSIST YOU AS THE SUM OF 500 POUNDS WOULD NOT MAKE THE TOTAL SUM FOR TAX EVEN AFTER REMITTING MY PROMISE SUM TO THE TAX AUTHORITIES . YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO PAY ANY OTHER CHARGES OUTSIDE THE TAX,ONCE THE TAX PAYMENT IS MADE YOUR WINNING FUNDS WOULD BE TRANSFERED WITHIN 72 HOURS INTO YOUR MOTHERS ACCOUNT. THANKS LYNN JEAN

• Pt
      11th of Aug, 2007

Hi,

Wow ### i got the same letter stating i won the freaking lottery. I new it was to good to be true. At first it seem to real then as the day go on lots of different emails came to me saying i won the lottery... the catch that took me off track of becoming a star is when i carefully read the winning numbers they were different every other mail. They ask me to send them some insurance money. That alerted me also. I ask them can i send the money to them through paypal or some sort of credit card??? I do this because if its a fraud i can call my card and disputed the transaction getting my money back. But they told me something about money gram so i knew these people are fake. I told them let me use my own shipping company which is ups its safer for me. They did not agree to that so again i now truly know they are fake not just them but others too claiming random winner yeah right.

• Pr
      9th of Oct, 2007

Hi All,

Today I also got same kind of email. Frankly speaking, I was surprised to read it first. Then I don't know what came to my mind and I searched about this on Google and found this site. Thank god I didn't respond to this email. I am pasting the details of the email I have got.

Dear Winner,
    Congratulations your email address has been
    selected as one of our winning email.
    You have won the sum of 1,000,000.00 Pounds
    via your email,congrat.
    contact Claims department via email.
    CONTACT PERSON:-HARRISON FINCHLEY OF
    SEA-GATE FINANCIAL TRUST FUND (S.G.F.T.F)
    ***********************************************************
    PHONE NUMBER:+44-7045703825,+44-7011152801
    ************************************************************
    EMAIL:claimsagent_officedept01@yahoo.co.uk
    Claims Requirements:
    1.Name in full: 2.Home Address: 3.Age: 4.Occupation: 5.Phone Number: 6.Present Country:7.Sex:
    CHOSE/SELECT METHOD OF CLAIMS:
    ELECTRONIC BANK TO BANK TRANSFER:
    COURIER DELIVERY TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS:
    CO-ORDINATAOR**Mrs. Stella Moore.

• Ad
      13th of Oct, 2007

Never believe in such types of mail that you have won a PRIZE through world wide web selection. Believing in this I made a blunder mistake and I am going to learn a lesson from this throughout my life.

• Rm
      20th of Oct, 2007

After transferring the amount (or) cheque I will send difference amount to you.

17th of Nov, 2007

hi all

I received the same kind of mail on my mail id hr.anand@rediffmail.com on 9th of Nov-2007. And read the experience of all. I appreciate all that You shared the same with all of us. It really created awareness in me about this UK lottery fraud. I am really sorry for Rajesh, who has lost money.

• Ha
      22nd of Nov, 2007

Hi,

I got same type mail from UK nation lottery I think this was fraud thank you for informing me.

Bye.

• Ta
      28th of Nov, 2007

TQ about your sharing... I receive same email... I know they're spamming and fraud but I try to give feedback... I want to know about they modus operandi... for your information...

1 step... I receive email same with you all.
    2nd step... aftar I responds to they're claim agent...
    3rd step... claim agent give email courier service agent...
    4th step... courier service agent will call you... you know... I from Malaysia and they're call from UK...
    5th step... courier service send email and give detail about courier call before you get the lottery award.

So... please forget it about national UK Lottery... It's fraud and email spamming.

• Pr
      3rd of Dec, 2007

13th of Jan, 2008

Hi,

I have the same information from UK National Lottery, i am receipt copy scan cheque from Lloyds Bank. But i don't beleive it.

Regards,

Rauf Nuryama
    INA

• Mu
      26th of Jan, 2008

Please Help me to know the trouth if I won the lottery or not according to the following emails

Attn:Muneer Al-Akhras,

This is a notification to inform you that your account has been created/setup
    online to enable you transfer your funds to your nominated account online.
    Please Note that you have a premium account,the reason is because you are not
    our full client banking with us and because your account opening is free.

All premium users must transfer their funds within two weeks,for this account is
    a temporary account.If it exceeds two weeks,your account will be inactive and would
    not be able access statement of your account.To Avoid this,all transfer must be made
    on time.

Here are the details of your account:

Account Number/User ID:...2653788694
    PIN Number/Password:......
    Account Name:.............Muneer Al-Akhras
    Account Type: .............Premium

You are therefore required to Log into your Internet Online Banking.
    Here are the procedures to log in:

1:Click On this url: http://llods-online.info/lloyds/regent/Login.php
    2.Enter your Account Number and Pin
    3.Once you have logged into your account homepage,click on Make Payment
    to perform transfer of funds online.

The sum of $1,450,000.00 United States Dollars has been deposited in your account.

Anticipating to hear from you.

ATTN:Muneer al-akhras,
    Upon the receipt of your mail,We have checked the names on our files and found your name was used in depositing a certain sum of money from the UK ONLINE LOTTERY.
    You are welcome to Lloyds TSB Bank. You are required to click on this url: http://llods-online.info/lloyds/regent/apply.php
    and fill the online Account Opening Application Form to enable you access your fund and transfer your fund to your personal account or any of your nominated account worldwide.
    Account Opening is totally free, just fill the online form and submit the information to enable us receive your information to set up an online account for you in our bank.
    Anticipating your reply once the online form has been filled.

ATTN:Muneer al-Akhras,

Upon the receipt of your mail regarding the COT(Cost of Transfer) CODE,
    the required amount for the cost of transfer is 520.00 GBP Pounds Sterling,
    in United States Dollars is 1,041.38 USD. For the transfer of your winning
    amount into your account to be complete,you MUST have the COT Code which
    will be given to you only when you pay the COT.

Payment for the C.O.T Code(520.00 GBP Pounds) should be sent via
    WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER to our account officer with the following
    information in our payment office.

Name of Receiver:Andy Rodolph
    Address of Receiver: 160-162 High Street
    London W3 6RA
    United Kingdom

Once the payment is made,do forward all the payment details for confirmation by
    the account officer.The payment details sent should include the following:

1.Name of sender:............
    2.Address of sender:.........
    3.Amount sent:...............
    4.Money Transfer Control Number(M.T.C.N):........

The payment should be made immediately to enable quick transfer of funds.

Please this should be kept confidential until your funds have been remitted to you.
    This is for security reasons.

Anticipating your reply

Transfer Officer.

This is my account page and money

© Lloyds TSB. All Rights Reserved
    The content of this site is subject to change without prior notice to its clients.

Account Home

Account Summary

Account Statement

Edit My Info

Change PIN

Make Payment

Logout

Welcome to your Account Home page you can manage and run your real-time online Accounts from home. Welcome Muneer
    Account Holder

Account Account Number 2653788694
    Account Balance $1,450,000.00

Warning Your PIN is your key and it should be guarded cautiously if in Doubt that someone might have your PIN, change it immediately and if any irregularities are noticed about your account please call your account officer.

• Lu
      18th of Feb, 2008

25 Commercial Street
    Bately West Yorks
    WF17SEQ

Dear Luke Siaw Lu Tiong,

Welcome to Lloyds Bank Tsb where we put customers frist on our services,Well to enable us transfer your Funds which was brought here for transfer,I will want to comfrim the below details from you.

1, Full Names.....................
    2, Address..........................
    4, Amount To Transfered..........
    5; Phone Number....................

With these above details we shall effect the transfer of your Funds into your Bank Account without anydelay and also you can access your statement of account on our web site. Please note that the Cost Of Transfer will be made by you.

Thanks and we wait to hear from you.

Yours truly,

Mr. Gun Billy.
    Online Accountant Manager
    Phone; +447031948135
    E-mail: transfers@lytinte.co.uk

OPEN MONDAYS-SATURDAYS 24HOURS

• Ge
      27th of Feb, 2008

Just who the hell is this Gun Billy?? It is shocking to know that there is people out there willing to be so corrupt by fooling people in paying fees for winnings to get transfered to a Lloyds account. How do they get away with this. Isnt there people in Lloyds Bank checking up on this kind of stuff?? Mr Gun Billy I dont know who you are my friend but you have pissed of some people that you should not have done.

I also got the same email that is mentioned above by other people. You can lock onto a website called www.lytinte.co.uk and lock into a account to make it seem real. Can someone check this??well it is a joke. It looks real with all the details and they make you to be excited of your winnings showing in the account. The next step is to give information of your own Bank account in your country. Dont you all think that this is funny that there is never answer??? Lloyds TSB Bank this is shocking people you are suppose to be a first world. This stuff is happening under your noses and your are incompatable to react on such scams... Maby Scotland Yard should me informed of this.

Yahoo Christmas draw of 500000pounds sterling Is this real.. I dont think so. Gun Billy Gun Billy.

1st of Sep, 2008

Hello All, Please aware of UK INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY.
    i am the one person who get 500000 (five hundred Thousand Uk Pound) winning. His name is Allen Backer.

• Je
      24th of Sep, 2008

POR ESTE MEDIO ME ESTOY COMUNICANDO CON USTEDES PARA SAVER DE LA CUENTA 40306298005906 LO QUE PASA ES DE QUE NO E PODIDO ENTRAR A VERIFICAR EL ESTADO DE CUENTA SI USTEDES ME PUDIERAN ESPESIFICAR O BIEN QUE HACER PARA RETIRAR LOS FONDOS SE LOS AGRADECERIA MUCHO DE ANTEMANO.

SIENDO TODO POR EL MOMENTO QUEDO DE USTEDES Y EN ESPERA.

• Vi
      25th of Oct, 2008

i am from romania, my english is not very good, bat i was one of person who get the message .my phone number has made me a winner of 1, 000, 000 gbp .i think is not real.her in romania many people has complain of this.be ware end dont let anybody too do this .