Ugg Boot Store / bad quality product!

Australia Review updated:
4.45

I bought my daughter some boots from this company, after 8mths they fell apart with very little use, and they refuse to do anything about it, because they only offer a 30 days warranty. If the product falls apart after that, they don't care.
Va

Comments

Ke
  2nd of Apr, 2008
We are trying to return a pair of boots to them, they told us to go ahead and send them back and they would refund my credit card. they have the boots, they have not refunded my cc, and now they will not return my emails. I cant seem to find a phone number for them either.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ro
  2nd of Apr, 2008
Contact us

Customer service:
Phone: 1.888.432.8530
Fax: 928.779.6004
E-mail customer service

Please note that while we make every attempt to reply to your email as quickly as possible, a response may be delayed if your email is sent outside our normal hours of operation.
Hours of operation

6am - 6pm monday - friday (mst)*
8am - 5pm saturday & sunday (mst)*

* greenwich mean time -7 hours.
Please note that arizona does not observe daylight savings time.
Je
  6th of May, 2008
This company ugg store is ripping me off I got a pair of their boots realize there are defected on the seam. I retuurn them and now they want to charge me 15% restocking fee because they say there are not. I need pictures of defected ugg boots so I can get my $ back.. this is the worst compant ever.. dont buy from them... can anyone help me with photos.. thank you.
Ni
  22nd of May, 2008
I bought my daughter a pair from uggboot shop (not store).com.au.
They completely came apart on the first outing. Their response. They were worn, its nothing to do with us. If your considering purchasing from this store, you may as well give them $100 and skip the getting the product part. At least you'd save on shipping.
Sa
  3rd of Dec, 2008
i have paid for 2 pairs of boots from this company and now i cannot log into their website, they wil not reply to any of my emails and the boots have not arrived. Terrible service
Sa
  4th of Dec, 2008
I recently bought a pair of boots, they sent the wrong size, took a long time to get back to me, now they are telling me they put mens sizing on the boot. I ordered a womens size 7 they sent me a womens size 5, it is not a mans 5!!. I will have to pay for the shipping and 15% restocking fee!! I don't even know if they are real sheepskin? Isn't ther a complaints department in Australia who can check into this company?
Ch
  9th of Jan, 2009
I bought a pair of uggs from www.uggstore.com.au as a christmas present. when I received them, I was appalled at the quality of the boots. they were soooo far off anything I had expected. now, where to start?

1. the boots did not have authentic sheepskin lining. they felt more like carpeting that'd been soaked. needless to say, they were not the comfort I had expected.

2. the boots were not even the same height!! after measuring several times (because I couldn't believe any company could possibly make this sort of defect) I found out that one boot stood taller than the other. about a half inch taller, to be exact.

3. the threads were coming undone on the left boot. the stitching was poorly done to begin with, and the seams were so drastically falling apart that it was noticeable even when I first took them out of the packaging.

4. the "sheepskin" lining (see point 1) was peeking out from the right boot's seams. it looked like a stuffed animal that was too stuffed and bursting at the seams! it was ridiculous, really, that a product with this many manufacturing defects could pass any sort of inspection.

5. finally, the heel of the right boot was missing a one-inch chunk. that's right. it looked like somebody took a cookie cutter and sliced off a neat little semi-circle from the heel. which, by the way, is a cheap substitute for a rubber sole. it was styrofoam!! I bet if I had been stupid enough to wear these out during the winter, it would've soaked up more water than a sponge. but I digress.

So, where does that leave us? well, I documented the defects with numerous photos from numerous angles, and happily emailed the refund department at the uggstore.com. au, figuring that they would accept their blunder and issue me my refund. I was polite enough to even waive the shipping fee; all I wanted was the original amount back. well, the uggstore pretty much spit on my email. they told me the pictures were inadequate, and as such would not issue a refund.

Refusing to take no for an answer, I took even more detailed photos, this time with measuring tape to show their height defects. the uggstore said that the photos were "inconclusive" and that I would need to send the boots back in, at my own cost. what the #!!!

After I spent hard-earned money from my own pocket to send in the boots, I didn't hear from them for a month. I had to actually threaten them with a post office investigation before they confirmed they had the boots. that confirmation email came pretty quickly after I threatened them, too. hmm. well, they said they inspected the boots carefully and found no manufacturing defects. what?!? how could they not. the best they could do for me was refund me the original amount, less shipping, less a 15% cancellation fee.

After bending over and taking it, I grudgingly accepted the refund policy. i've yet to receive a refund too; those who posted above, I feel your pain. I will update you when (if?) I ever do receive that refund. I would like warn everyone out there who is even considering buying a pair of uggs to not order from this company!!!

P. s. if anybody would like the photos of the boots, or would like to see my email correspondence with the refund department, let me know and i'll try to help you out. if anybody has had any success, advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you for listening to me rant!
Ke
  14th of Jan, 2009
Hi,

I ordered uggs from that website over a month ago and still haven't received them. i've emailed them 4 times asking for them to help me track the product but still haven't got any reply from them. after reading ur review I dont even want the boots anymore - do you think there's any way i'd be able to cancel them now? did you manage to get a contact telephone number for them or did u communicate just electronically?

I fell so dumb for ordering off this website :s

My email address is kerrie_88@hotmail.com
As
  29th of Jan, 2009
Uggstore.com. au is a joke

I bought 2 pairs of baby uggs from uggstore.com. au but have been charged for 4 pairs. I have sent them numerous emails and also sent them a letter recorded delivery but am still waiting for a reply from then. this does not seem 2 be a proper company. I urge anyone who is thinking of buying from them 2 think twice... I have tried to contact them on the customer service number stated on this site but it just says that the number is not recognisable... please can anyone help with this.
Ki
  30th of Jan, 2009
I have the same issues -after four wares - The fell apart - Regfusing to offer me a refund - Terrible Terrible service - Is it possible to claim a refund through your credit Card?
An
  13th of Feb, 2009
Hi

I also have ordered from these fraudsters not only did it take them 2 months to complete delivery of the boots, when I recieved them it cost me an extra £19.25 as they hadn't paid the customs charge.

The reason behind this was explained as

"we try to avoid our customers paying customs tax by labelling all parcels as gifts worth $30, however customs do sometimes check this and in a small percentage of cases customers do have to pay the taxes"

This doesnt sound like a very legitimate way to do business if you ask and also gives me the impression that it is tough and I have to pay the taxes myself.

If you want to do business with a company like this then be prepared to get ripped off.

Thanks
Andrew
Ya
  15th of Feb, 2009
Do not order from uggstore.com. au. it is a scam.

they take your money and you cannot contact them again, all their e mail addresses do not exist.
Li
  16th of Feb, 2009
I am totally shocked at their lack of caring. I too ordered a pair of boots and 2 months later, they have fallen apart. they too finally, after writing them 3 times, responded with "you are past the 30 day warranty guarantee". that is more time than it took to order and receive them!?

They are a truly shocking company! appalling, arrogant and putting out horrible products. I would highly recommend to anyone thinking of doing business with the ugg store to think again. they are producing faulty products and will create their own demise. there is no phone number to speak of to call them... my friend bought knockoffs for $35cdn and they have lasted the full winter and look fantastic. I would save yoruselves the trouble and buy the knockoffs... available at costco!

I wish I could take my own advice but it is too late... not for you if you're reading this before you buy. do not buy ugg boots; they are being massively produced and are crap. crap which the company is not standing behind. this company is about to begin falling apart so sell their stock if you own any!!
Du
  2nd of Mar, 2009
I have purchased two pairs of uggs and both pairs the stiching came apart where the boot is attached to the sole. this happened shortly after purchase and it is impossible to locate a place to return them and voice a compalint. while uugs are certainly the warmest boots i've ever worn, they are by far the poorest manufacutred boots i've ever owned. shame of the company and the counrty for pulling the wool over the consumers eyes! not many of us can afford to spend $115.00 every year for these boots. i've got llbean boots that are 30 years old and still in better condition that htse lousy uggs!
Br
  24th of Apr, 2009
Can't believe I haven't checked this review before I made the order. I was so shocked when I got the boots. the minute I knew I was fooled. there is no way those are real ugg shoes. and I spent $200 for a pair of crap. when I sent them the mail to argue abt the quality, they indicate that they were ugg but not ugg. what a #! by checking the reviews here now I understand it's hardly possible to get the money back, even if it's unworned! is there any place we can seek help for this kind of internet business fraud in australia? this website is a whole trap. it made up some sweet reviews on it to make it look like perfect. but in fact it just want to take your money and send you nothing but crap. I don't even want to waste my shipping expense. could anybody provide some legal advices?

My email: ruiyu@gmail.com
Br
  24th of Apr, 2009
sorry, my email : ruiyuh@gmail.com
Mi
  16th of Oct, 2009
Damn! wish i'd read this before I ordered my 'ugg's' from this store. after paying £80 for them they have arrived and are in a dreadful condition. I could get a pair for £20 that are made better than these! the inner 'sheepskin' fur is fake and coming out in handfuls, the stiching work is really bad - the quality of the boots overall is a joke-the jokes on me since I paid £80 for them!
I've emailed them saying i'm returning them but I don't hold out much hope after reading previous customers experience.
I'll keep you posted, man will I be sick if they don't give me a refund since I paid shipping costs to here (uk) and now have to pay shipping costs to return.
Ly
  30th of Oct, 2009
I bought a pair of ugg boots from this store and realized that they were fake so I cancelled the order before they shipped my order and now realizing that they are not refunding my money its been days and nobodys replying to my messages they said they are going to refund my money but nothing yet. this is BS you should be able to do something about this, their taking peoples money thats not right. Wish I would of found this website before ording !!!
Me
  31st of Oct, 2009
I ordered from a site called uggfactoryshop.com and the same thing happened to me. they charged me for the boots and now I can't get a reply from anyone. it turns out this is a chinese website and they have no intention of mailing you boots... even # ones. about 3 days after I ordered these "uggs" I realized that this was a fake website and immediately contacted my bank. I told them that I had purchased something off of, what turned out to be, a fraudulent website. they returned my money and are doing an investigation on the website. from what I have read, if you don't purchase your ugg's from a reputable place like nordstroms.com or eastbay.com then you're going to get fakes. I guess the $180 price tag isn't looking so bad now that I almost pissed $85 away. thanks chinaman!
Go
  17th of Nov, 2009
I also order ugg boots from uggfactoryshop-usa.com on nov 15th. the next day I tried to go to the website to see if there was a tracking number but not only was there no tracking number, there was no website to be found. I thought my computer might have been the problem so I didn't become concern until today (nov 17th) when a "forbidden" web page came up instead of the ugg web site. I then did what I should have done prior to ordering the $87.00 ugg boots from that website, I looked for and very easily found the complaint page. okay, i've been fooled and i'm upset to say it mildly. I immediately called my credit card company and told them of the fraudulent transaction. I will be putting in a dispute asap but unfortunately they have to be paid first before I can put in a dispute claim. when the boots arrive, I will be sending them back without opening the box (return to sender). zappos here I come, they will cost me a lot more but they will last me a lot longer. I heard someone say once or twice, "if it's too good to be true, then it aint ture". you get what you pay for, lesson learned

Ugg.com / Deckers Outdoor Corporation Logo Ugg.com / Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Overall Satisfaction Rating