UDR / Cheat me out of money

1 3216 Bluff View CourtWoodbridge, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-490-4802

Very poor management. I was charged $100.00 for a satellite dish on the balcony that was there when I moved in. After there 6 months they lease to neighbors that slammed doors and played loud music and I had to have proof they were doing so. I finally got of my lease because they would not evict them. The walls are paper thin. You can hear your neighbors talking. The Manager Jerome Best is ghetto from D.C. and his assistant Antoine lied about everything. They won't respond to call or emails. They billed me for .09 cents after I rounded my water bill check up each month paying them more than I owed. UDR and Dominion Lake Ridge should be put of business. All they care about is building cheap apartments and money. They don't take care of their residents. They have plenty of empty apartments because people are moving out rapidly due to noise and poor management. Don't rent from these people as you will regret.

Sy

Comments

• Ti
      27th of Jun, 2011

Ill try to keep this short. On most review sites I gave a 1 star overall rating, due to the treatment from the front office. If I could give zero stars, I would.

This apartment was great until our last 5-6 months. I inquired about how much rent would go up, and was given the run-around for 3 months, then being promised it would go up maybe $20-30 per month at the time of renewal. When the lease came out, 1)they do not alert you to the fact that the new lease offer is available, and they do not send it by mail. they upload it to the web portal where you go to pay rent, where unless you have a maintenance request, you would not see it was available until the first of the month when rent is due. Therefore, I saw the new offer on April 1, which shows the rent had gone up $125, and I was left with 11 days to give my answer to be within the 60 days notice period. I rushed to find a realtor, find a house, put an offer, and pray that nothing could possibly go wrong in the house buying process, and gave my notice on April 21. The leasing office then, without contacting me, pushed the lease end date forward 11 days, and charged those additional 11 days at an insane rate (1300 for 11 days!!! I paid 1275 for a full month!) Oh, and dont let me forget, that was on top of the $500 per diem rate for the first 11 days. So I paid 1900 for my final month (or 21 days), without anyone takling to me about it, AND we werent even still living there (we moved out on May 27th).

The list of problems goes on and on. Please feel free to contact me via email if any perspective renters would like to know more regarding maintenance, $ concerns, neighborhood information, or treatment from the staff.

As a side note, my decision to finally come and write a review came from the fact that I courteously requested to speak to someone regarding this issue and more, on multiple occasions, and did not get a reply from anyone from the front office staff and even up to the corporate level. Not even a "we got your email, will get to you later" reply.

tim.sudberry@gmail.com