Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving / Poor service!

1 Canada Review updated:

I gave them $1,000.00 deposit in Oct 06 for move in June 07. April 07 they refused to return phone calls so I canceled. They have now had my deposit for almost a year and still refuse to refund it.

If you have had problems with this firm contact me at sysil@telus.net and perhaps together we can do something other than complain.

Comments

31st of Aug, 2007

The sales rep who came to give the estimate said he was the owner. I found out later that was a lie. They showed up at 5:00pm instead of in the morning. I tried all day without success to get hold of someone. My household goods went from Toronto to Ottawa to Winnipeg. (final destination) The woman loading the truck with her husband, dropped my box of china (oops, sorry!) My computer stand was crushed beyond recognition. They broke a mirror and a lot of dishes. She smoked in my home. They charged me 3 times for elevator usage. When I asked I was told I shouldn't have been charged at all, and was eventually reimbursed for the 3 elevator charges and they paid for a new computer stand, but only after weeks of calls and I had to go pick up the cheque myself. I had been told the cheque was in the mail. A blatant lie!!! I would NEVER use them again.

• Da
      1st of Sep, 2007
    Two Small Men With Big Hearts - Poor service!
    Canada

Booked June 15 to move July 9. They showed up 1 day later. Took 3 men 6 hrs. to load a 2 bedroom bungalow. They didn't take everything - we had to leave behind many items of sentimental value. It was summer when we left Ont. & its now fall in Nova Scotia. We need our warm clothing. Every time we've called, it has been a different excuse. After reading the above "horror stories", we cringe to think what shape our precious household items will be in. Please, please, please don't book with this company - you'll only suffer grief & lose weight like I have & have sleepless nights!!

18th of Apr, 2008
    Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving - Service
    Two Small Men With Big Hearts
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada
    Phone: 416-578-6487
    moving.ca

I have used Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving five times over the last ten years.I have always been compleatly satisfied, and would recomend them

• Ke
      24th of Apr, 2008

This person is nothing but crazy. Look at the e-mail link they put on here

moving.ca like we are a bunch of ###.
    PEOPLE...moving.ca is the ontario websight these people. if you do the www.moving.ca it will take you to there websight and you will then see that this was posted by the owner himself.
    I thought i seen things in my life, but this company is crazy.

• Vi
      14th of May, 2008

Ken your a dumb ### - yes www.moving.ca is the companies web site, hence why it is under "Company Information", the post however is by Jack Devitt and his email is hidden for privacy.

• De
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Re. Two Small Men with Big Hearts Moving - NEVER USE THIS COMPANY !

I, and my friends - a couple - moved in August using this company. We moved a week apart into a house that we share in Toronto. Apart from various horrors like turning up late, inexperienced staff, damaging a piano, not being able to fit a third of my friends' goods on the truck, I found out a week ago that the company double-billed all of us for the balance of each of our moving bills. I went to the company's office last week and confronted the accounting person, Julie Blake. After an hour and a half on the phone with MasterCard, TD Bank and MasterCard again I got my money back plus saw what their scam is.

It boils down to a loophole that they are taking advantage of. The moving company has something called a TD Freedom 4 terminal which they use to post all their credit card sales to their TD bank.

The day after my move, they put through the balance owing on my move through their Freedom 4 terminal to TD and ultimately to MasterCard. This is all clearly recorded on their credit card sales printouts for each day. However, the day of the move, one of the men who moved me had me sign a credit card slip for the balance, he then phoned in for an authorisation number. That should have been that and then the credit card slip should be posted the next day as they did. But, I found out that there are two different telephone numbers that can be used to get an authorisation number.

If you have the Freedom 4 terminal you are supposed to use one number that gives you authorisation only. If you use the other number, it will give you authorisation PLUS it puts the request through as a billing. The movers were using the "wrong" number so that a billing would go through in a way that doesn't show up on the regular posting records for the next day. Thus, the company can say to me - which they did - look, there is no record of a second billing...you have to go back to the credit card company and sort it out. Then they have that 35 - to 60 days to hang onto your money until things get "sorted" in a credit card company disput process. Or, some people might not check their account closely and never see the double billing.

My friends got their money back this week. I think that this was only because of our connection as friends and Julie's fear that I realized what they are up to. She is probably hoping that we're off her back!

I did report all of this to MasterCard security.

• Mo
      26th of Oct, 2008

Yep James, you are correct, but never the less, this company is bad!
    BEWARE of these clowns, you will not even see it coming...

• Qu
      8th of Mar, 2010

I wish I had read all of these comments before I hired TSM Moving Ltd. (Total Service Moving), also known as "Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving".

TSM Movers Ltd.:
    - Improperly explained and misrepresented their insurance policies before the move began
    - Almost completely destroyed our downstairs stairwell while moving a couch
    - Damaged a number of furniture items
    - Overcharged by several hours (i.e. charged when no work was being done)
    - Movers exhibited unprofessional, unethical behavior
    - Office agreed to accept complaint, but later lied and said I had submitted my complaint too late

Have you seen their BBB rap sheet? http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-reviews/moving-and-storage-companies/tsm-total-service-moving-in-calgary-ab-36439

Avoid at ALL costs!!!