Tropical Grand Vacations / Called to congratulate me on winning a holiday

1 851 East State 434 Suite 120 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800 716 4869

Dear Sir
I received a phone call out of the blue to my landline in Northern Ireland The caller was Shelly Adams from Tropcial Grand Vacations in Orlando who advised me I had won a holiday:-
5 days & 4 nights at Orlando Hotel, 2 unlimited hopper passes either universal or disney,
3 days & 2 nights Daytona beach at Floridas Ocean club
3 days & 2 nights Bahama cruise from Fort Lauderdale
Ref no TV1 [protected].
I would have to pay a min of €299 per location. 2 adults and 3 children could avail of this package.
Further I had 30 days advance notice if I wished to withdraw. Shelly happily said she would forward all details to my email address which she had and also to my home address which she had. She then transferred me to her boss who took my credit card details.
Nothing arrived either by email or post and when I finally received my statement I call the no she had given me ([protected]) from Norther Ireland or UK. It would not work.
I called my bank seeking advice on what to do. They advised me of the address and I wrote to the above address.
Still nothing, I was advised to send a registered letter to them which I did - still nothing.
I visited Florida on the 1st May and on the 7th May attempted to drive to the address in Longwood but I could not find it.
On my return home I have ordered a charge back from my bank but they have advised me I may have left it too late.
I was charged 635.87 euro which would be the equivlent in US dollars of the amount mentioned by ms Adams.
It is worth mentioning I was advised by Ms Adams that the company was associated with RCI Real Estate, tel no [protected]. who had contacted me and I had advised I would perhaps be interested in purchasing a condo in Orlando. However when I was in Orlando between the 6th and 7th May, RCI advised me they not only were not afflilated with this company but not heard of them.
Please advise how I should proceed in order to retrieve this money? It has totally put me off going to Florida as a tourist.
Please email me andimagee@hotmail.com

Comments

• Da
      30th of Sep, 2008
    Tropical Grand Vacations - Ripped off
    Tropical Grand Vacations
    Longwood
    Phone: 1800638753
    tropicalgrandvacations.com

Company called me and offered a greatr USA package. I asked them constantly thru phone conversation if I can get a refund if I change my mind and was guaranteed that I would by a Victoria Bradford, John Ramos and George Adams. I have since tried to call the 1800638753 number and it always rings out. I have also sent a letter requesting a refund twice and also sent emails all with no reply

• Ti
      6th of Nov, 2008

We abide by all guidelines. You have a great holiday which I would love to book for you. If we can be of any assistance upon you booking your wonderful holiday, please let us know.

• Ti
      7th of Jan, 2009

The guest above (Danielle Clarke) bought a vacation from TGV in June and never cancelled until October. As per the terms you have 30 days. She was clearly beyond her time, however we would be more than happy to extend her vacation allowing her time to travel

• Si
      8th of Mar, 2009

i received an offer by phone for a holiday offer to florida which i purchased foolishly i then told my children about it, but when i rang the hotel to confirm a booking they never heard of them . i then contacted them which i then got abuse on the phone i am now have been to my soicitor to try and retreive my money so i can take my children on holidays i am also in contact with the usa to get these people prosecuted hopefully some good will come out of it...