Tropical Grand Vacations / Fake holiday offer scam

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I received a phone call on May 18, 2008 from Tiffane Jordan of Tropical Grand Vacations, USA offering me an 11 day holiday for 4 in Orlando & Daytona, Florida to be taken within the next l8 months. It was transferable & expendable with no restrictions. It sounded too good to refuse, so I gave my credit card details knowing there was a 30 day cool-off period. The following day, I decided not to go ahead with the deal so tried ringing the number they provided for 2 days. It does not exist in the USA. Its a Northern Ireland number. The internet address given to me does not exist.

I googled TGV. The phone number for "Australia" is actually for the Calypso Bay Resort in Florida. I spoke to them to cancel the offer& left my phone & email details & still haven't heard back. I canceled my credit card that day, but it was too late, they'd already debited my account. I've not received anything from Matza Ltd or TGV in 2 1/2 months & of course my cool off period has well & truly expired. I'm now trying to recoup the money they debited & would appreciate hearing from someone involved in Matzo Ltd of Tropical Grand Vacations urgently. I've been duped, sucked in & scammed & am very unhappy.

Comments

• Ri
      13th of Oct, 2008

I got a call on my landline no., on the 5th June'2008, from Tropical Grand Vacations and they told me that I am the chosen person for a promotional offer for a 11 day holiday package to Daytona, Florida and Orlando for just402.90 pound, and that they had got my no. from my bank. I was very excited by the offer, and gave my card details to them. After a few days however I decided to cancel the holiday and asked TGV to refund my money by calling, emailing and posting letters of cancellation to their address. Every time I call their phone no, somebody picks up the phone after about half an hour and gives various excuses not to be able to refund the money, its been going on like this since last 4 1/2 months now, and just today only after reading all their scams on the internet, I have come to know that they are frauds. So if anybody from TGV is reading this, I would like to tell you one thing that you will never be able to enjoy other people's hard earned money, so fear the God and stop cheating people.

• Di
      1st of Nov, 2008

They have started calling with a different name now - Calypso cay resorts and now they offer free cruise trip to bhamas .. total 18 days for 4 people ... 598 pounds... inclusive of car rental

The manager i spoke to is was rude when i asked for some time to decide...

Please be careful

• Ti
      20th of Nov, 2008

We are not a scam, when you are ready to travel, you can email me at reservations@tropicalgrandvacations.com