Transunion / tricked me into subscribing to their credit monitoring service

Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

Went to their site to get credit report score. It cost $1 so I had to give credit card info. Two months later I'm scanning my Credit Card statement and see this $17.95 charge, it was going on for two months! They had on their on without me knowing subscribed me, tricked me into signing for their Credit Monitoring Service. I was pissed! To make it worse, it's not easy to cancel it I had to look all over the site! It took me awhile but finally figured out how to cancel!

FIRST you MUST log into your Credit Monitoring Account! And when I did, it took me to a page that showed six option links I could choose from; DASHBOARD, CREDIT SCORE, CREDIT REPORT etc. Actually you can click on any one of them, it doesn't matter. After you do, scroll down to the bottom of the page and under Resources, click "Support" then "General FAQs" then "Payment" and you are there! Click "How Can I Cancel My Membership" and it will guide you through the cancellation process but still begging you not to cancel! After cancelling, they at least immediately sent an email confirming the cancellation. The first descent thing they've done!

Us
Mar 28, 2016

Comments

• Us
      Mar 28, 2016

Went to their site to get credit report score. It cost $1 so I had to give credit card info. Two months later I'm scanning my Credit Card statement and see this $17.95 charge, it was going on for two months! They had on their own, without me knowing, subscribed me, tricked me into signing for their Credit Monitoring Service. I was pissed! To make it worse, it wasn't easy to cancel! I had to look all over the site! It took me awhile but I finally figured out how to cancel!

FIRST you MUST log into your Credit Monitoring Account! And when you do it'll take you to a page that shows six option links you can choose from; DASHBOARD, CREDIT SCORE, CREDIT REPORT etc. Actually you can click on any one of them, it doesn't matter. After you do, scroll down to the bottom of the page and under Resources, click "Support" then "General FAQs" then "Payment" and you are there! Click "How Can I Cancel My Membership" and it will guide you through the cancellation process but still begging you not to cancel! After cancelling, they at least immediately sent an email confirming the cancellation. The first descent thing they've done! You can also call 1-855-681-3196 and this looks like a good number.
    This info I'm giving is as of 3-27-2016. Because this info applies to that Website as of the afore mentioned date since they may change the Website look at any time!

Oct 18, 2016

10 18 2016 Initial Contact:Aug 29 2016 Filed for applied for job thru a Big box store online. wanted basic info, then a pop up said that some companies require credit report. Since I had worked for company before and was official site figured this was new requirement. As I found out it was a credit report company, and would not give me report without agree to see it for $1.. I gave basic info, then asked for report and did not get it. I was alerted that I have to provide more info. BTW, I did not give CC Card info. Around Sept 19 2016 get bill from CC Card co for $1. PLUS additional 19.95 for Credit Report. I figured better to just pay it, then hassle with CC Report Company. Paid it. My loss. THINK AGAIN. Just today Oct 18 2016 received CC Card bill for another 19.95. I called this Credit Card reporting Company TRANSUNION, 800493 3292 and was not happy I was being billed for a second time. I asked what it was about. I was irate. They said I had subscribed to a monthly monitoring, which I told them I was being ripped off as I never sign up for it. I had only allowed the first report as I thought I was for the Big Box store format. I was not happy and used appropriate wording. I told them I would pay the second billing as they said was required, but to cancel me immediately. MY POINT: Do not supply or submit for credit reporting info as I now realize any legitimate company gets that info anyway even without your knowledge. I was scammed pure iand simple by this lead on insinuating it was part of the job application requirement.