[Resolved] TracFone Wirelessphone transfer lost minutes

I had a tracfone and I upgraded to a new tracfone smartphone because the old phone died. After the transfer completed, I lost all of the minutes, texts, and data that were on the old phone. I rarely use this phone as it is an emergency phone and I had 1644 minutes, 3794 texts, and 3297 mb data on the old phone. When the transfer happened the correct end date of service transferred but none of the minutes. I contacted your company twice through chat and the agent told me that the old phone had no minutes on it to transfer. That is a total lie because as I said, I rarely use this phone and there is no way that I had no minutes on it. I don't even care about the texts, I really just want the minutes and data. I am disgusted about this. The new phone came with 1200 minutes, texts, data etc but the total should have been added to the minutes that I already had on the old phone. My wife and I have used tracfones for years & never had a problem like this, the minutes always transfer to the new phone. I am disgusted.

• Resolution statement

• TracFone Wireless Customer Care's Response, Sep 10, 2018

This is Wendy from TracFone Wireless. I see you need help with your phone. We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience that you've encountered with our service. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have! We would love to address any concerns you may have. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

• TracFone Wireless Customer Care's Response, Sep 13, 2018

This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. I see you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

Eb
Aug 13, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      Aug 13, 2018

trac fone is the worst
    they will scam you all the want
    personally I would go with another provider

• Da
      Aug 20, 2018

They keep reducing my texts and not even texting.

• 9w
      Aug 20, 2018

@David Michael Joynes they will come up with some scripted non answer
    your better off with T-Mobile or verizon