Toyota Financial Services / My car was NOT repossessed

1 NY, United States Review updated:

My car was stolen and recovered out of state. Because of miscommunication from the impound lot, Toyota was called to take the car or risk it being sold at auction. This despite the fact that it was tagged as a stolen car and there were active attempts by the insurance company to release the car.

Toyota took possession of the car without notice to me or insurance company. All payments were up to date. Then, when contacted by insurance company, they roadblocked the appraisal by moving the car from lot to lot without informing anyone. Finally it was appraised and the loan paid off.

Now Toyota is reporting this fiasco as a "repossession" on my credit reports. I contacted them with all my documentation and they still refuse to take it off the reports! Now I have to shell out for a lawyer to try to get this misinformation off my reports. In telling this story to people I know, I have found that other people have had similar complaints about Toyota Financial and their unfair practices.

Ru

Comments

• Ki
      31st of Dec, 2010

toyota is so unfair they repoed my car gave me a bad loan. they would not listen to me or help me. they wont even put down what lot the car is in I have to wait till monday to get it. I will never buy a car from them again. they put so many secret stuff in the contracts and don't let you see it. they told me i had a balloon payment. but when i look at my contract i see no balloon payment i will never buy a car from them again.