Topix.com

Posted:

topix is gathering user's personal data, in conjunction with the nsa, to use it to, &spy on citizens, profile them and invasion of privacy

Topix.com
California
Topix forums, are the number one internet community forums, linked to newspapers across America.
From their website:
"Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions, that matter to them in every U.S. town and city."
The three biggest newspaper corporations in the country, are heavily invested. Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.
These three corporations invested $15-million dollars in Topix. "November 6, 2006: Topix Receives $15 Million in Additional Funding from Tribune, Gannett, and McClatchy"
From Local Media Watch: Indeed, its potential was deemed so great that Gannett, Tribune and Knight Ridder paid $60 million for it in 2005, expecting it to play a key role in the future of local news.

Topix and Google

Topix is affiliated with Google, whose search engines give Topix, the highest priority.
These forums have become notorious across the nation for the number of trolls clogging their threads and the degree of repugnant human conversation going on. They recently changed their user terms of service, stating only that the the company is not responsible for anything published on it, no other rules for behavior are given. Yet for many small towns across America, Topix has replaced their local newspaper.
I have been investigating Topix for a year and a half and recently interesting and disturbing comments, have been posted on one of my Topix posts, ironically entitled:

Something way funky is going on over at Topix.com
If they are accurate, they are saying that Topix is gathering user's personal data, in conjunction with the NSA, to use it to, "spy on citizens, profile them [and] invasion of privacy":
"The "Tolles Trolls" can observe the habits of millions of Americans, perhaps report them to law enforcement, mess with their credit report, etc."
The comments declare that Topix has allowed the National Security Agency, to breach their encryption codes, to access users private information.  They point out the background of Topix founder Rich Skrenta, as the creator of a computer virus that is "widely believed to be the first large-scale self-spreading personal computer virus ever created."
The NSA has been working with internet companies, in the Silicon Valley similar to Topix, to gain access to their encryption codes, to access the private information of users. Topix CEO, Chris Tolles, at the time with Sun Microsystems said this:
 "Everyone in Silicon Valley, including us, has to have specific staff, highly paid experts, to deal with (the NSA) them, " said Chris Tolles, security group product manager at Sun."
I have written about Chris Tolles here:
Speaking out to Chris Tolles, CEO of Topix.com

This article goes into more detail on the NSA:
The long, strong arm of the NSA
 "Back in the days of the cold war, Washington insiders used to joke that NSA stood for "No Such Agency." The government denied the very existence of this group, which is dedicated to intercepting and decoding foreign communications.
That was then. Today the National Security Agency is well known, and spends a lot of time leaning on software, switch and router vendors, pushing them to re-tool their products. The agency's goal: to ensure that the government has access to encrypted data."
This post also discusses this issue:
IP: While cda-II diverts attention, end run around clipper
"The NSA wants software vendors to make sure that any product with strong encryption have some way for the government to tap into the data. And because practically every commercial network application, router or switch these days includes encryption or an option for it, almost every vendor now has to answer to the NSA if it wants to export."
I posted my concerns on Topix, on their main board and to the Topix moderators, to either confirm or deny whether or not, they were collecting user data. There was no response. Instead their meanest trolls have been hounding me. This has been the case my entire time on Topix and its only gotten worse since I published this post. Topix has not once contacted me to deny my claims, only further persecuted me with their trolls.
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Comments

N  3rd of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I agree Topix is really really bad. If this is true then they need to be totally shut down completely. Attorneys need to be all over them, the FBI and in this case the government. Topix always destroyed the first amendment anyway because they allow nonprotected speech and the breaking of law. This needs to be reported. However, I do want to say one thing based on your complaint. You mentioned you posted on Topix and got hounded. That is the worst thing you can do because it leads basically to invited attacks. If you are calling Topix out don't think for a second that you aren't going to be attacked in a cowardly fashion. That is what occurs on that site. If you are making post on the site you are inviting attacks and actually contributing to the problem. The biggest thing is to report attacks to the police and other sources and stop giving them more business.
N  18th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
This is definitely a cause for concern but if this is true (it may or may not be), Topix is never going to admit to that. You need to demand an investigation and contact the FBI, media, and legislators. You also need to stay off of the site. You can't expect answers when you are one of their customers.
A  5th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I so agree with you. It states Be Polite right under the box you post in.
No one, but the innocent victims of cyberbullies & a few brave souls, are polite there. There's a woman now, by the name of RavenzMoon, who claims she can get your ISP just from clicking on your nic. We check with IT tech, and they said unless she's the moderator, that's not possible.
She also claims to be have worked for the govt, but won't say who. I would proudly tell someone whom I worked for, if I was hired to be in the federal govt, wouldn't you?
Well, if she can get your IP, or ISP, I do believe she might be able to get your personal info, and also maybe hack into your computer, I'm not really sure, but that alarms me big time!
She's attacked so many on that site, but the other cyberbullies there, stick up for her, and her rude/deceitful/inflammatory/degrading posts are never removed there.
We're trying to warn others about her, but nothing is getting done.

She's also got a website that she advertises there, but if you click on it, you'll get a strange message saying this is not secure and your confidential info could be disclosed.
This makes me think twice about her truthfulness and her innocence.
But one thing is clear. Those people are putting other people's lives at risk. They suggest you do risky things. They claim bears can come up to your deck and it's safe to feed them, the list goes on & on... etc.

Yeah.. crazies... but they'll insist that it's you who is crazy and discredit every single comment you make.
They need to have a massive class action lawsuit over this site.
I wonder if there's any attorney out there who are qualified, and competent, taking these cases on. I'd like to know. Seen many people, including our friends attacked there. They are so depressed from the insults they receive there, I'm a bit worried about them.
I can see why kids who are bullied online all the time, end up committing suicide. These people are just plain cruel. It's their little hobby, though that poster, RavenzMoon, has seemed to make it her occupation.
Why on earth would you get on a site, that does not allow flaming and yet, try to promote your business, and come there daily and attack other posters verbally? That's crazy, imho.
Close this site down
A  8th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
That site is horrible, but my question to the original poster is if you hate it so much why do you post on it?
N  16th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I would like to provide an example of what topix allows on its forum. It promotes hatred, racism, harassmen both sexual and personalt and despite repeated complaints allows these abusers to continue to post. This is just a small sample of what it allows This is on the Islam will conquer Italy forum.
#421027

The only man that ever penetrated your sister is her own brother.
=
Poor girl to have her brother fck her anally and you to think that is great.
=
Let your sister go out and find a man to show her what it is like, to have the front hole penetrated with love and care and not some Muslim guy who will just fck her like how Guppies fck, in and out all in a couple of seconds.
As in wham bam thank you ma'am.
Give your sister the opportunity in life to find a real man and not some backwards Muslim man, who in most cases would not know the difference between the front hairy hole and the hairless back brown hole.

#421049 1 hr ago
Love Hurghada wrote:

I don't know what you mean?
ignorant lying c (i) nt.

keep your pathetic jealousy in your filthy north afrishit stink hole...

Did you tell swampee not to bang and get pissed on by someone she doesnt know well ? just because they provided airfare ?

#421051 1 hr ago
Love Hurghada wrote:
Topix would be the last thing I would be on if my nearest or dearest had snuffed it.
you pathetic jealous fcuking whure... if anything all these days, she was here minimally veryt very sparse and you accuse her of being in the wrong places because your a pathetic c () nt... and now everyone sees the color of your filthy coke crusted snot, snot... and, you are a filthy skank too

just because your a total fraud loser pretending this is day one... its not you useless snot...

go blow your fcuking nose and clear that pathetic head of yours you useless creep.

I hope you have a HORRIBLE holiday you filthy ###. and please come here and cry for pity some time, So i can say good and laugh in your worthless fcuking face.

#421052 1 hr ago
danetoo wrote:

I am sitting here on my own ...
how evil can you possibly get LH ...

I cannot believe how sick this is and the way your mind works.
shes a fcuking c () nt of c (I) ts, filthy of course... and EVERY ONE JUST WITNESSED her couched Skankiness ... I hope her life is K A R M A 'D instantly...
N  27th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPE VIRUS. I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost hope because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw a lot of people testifying of Dr Ozolua online on how he has cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 5-6 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured to be honest! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that’s the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! and if you need his help, contact his Email now; Dr.ozolua@yahoo.com
A  15th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hello my good friends please do not see this strange cause it my life story
about my healing, i was having herpes for good 6yrs. Things were not
working fine for me due to my health status i know longer have friends know
lover it even takes time before my family co-operate with me due to this i
tried all possible means i can to get this devilish sickness out of my body
i went to hospitals hierarchies and other heath organization but all
remains the same still yet i never gave up cos i was not born with this
illness so i decided to take it over to the internet to see if i could get
remedy, on my search i saw a testimony of a woman, she said she was also
having a terrible sickness for over 3yrs but now she is healed i was
surprise at first when i saw her test so she wrote a name dr astogo and
also gave his email id so i mailed them which is (
drastogospellhome@gmail.com) i told them about my problem and after the
processes he told me that am healed but i never believed he told me to go
and confirm it from the hospital were i have been taking treatment still i
never believed also although he gave me evidence that the sickness was
gone. Finally i decided to go for check up and to my surprise my doctor
said the sickness was know longer there with thought of joy i started
shearing tears. My friends today am now married bless with 2kids, so if you
have any sickness such as cancer, hiv, kindly email (
drastogospellhome@gmail.com) or call +393510025283
N  19th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I THOUGHT THE PHYSICIANS SAY NO CURE FOR HIV/AIDS?, I AM TELLING YOU TODAY THAT DR. MOLOWA, CURED MY HIV/AIDS WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICINE AND ONCE YOU GET CURED YOU ARE CURED FOREVER, IT IS NEVER REVERSABLE.
MY NAME IS ANSLEY GEORGE KATE: FROM THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA, AM USING THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SAVE LIFE BY SHARING MY TESTIMONY THAT THERE IS A CURE FOR HIV/AIDS BECAUSE I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY, I SUFFERED FOR HIV/AIDS FOR GOOD ONE YEAR AND TWO MONTHS AFTER LOOSING HOPE THAT I CAN NEVER GET THE CURE BEACAUSE THE DOCTORS SAID THERE IS NO CURE FOR IT, BUT THANKS BEEN TO THIS GREAT MAN CALLED DR. MOLOWA WHOM I READ A TESTIMONY ABOUT ON HOW HE CURED HIV/AIDS WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICINE, I NEVER BELIEVE THIS BUT I DECIDED TO CONTACT HIM THROUGH THE STATED EMAIL, (dr.molowa@gmail.com) and he send to me a herbal medicine and ask me to drink and bath with the herbal medicine for one 3 weeks but to my greatest surprises, i went for a medical test after two weeks and my status was negetive till today i cant keep sharing this testimony please brothers and sisters there is a cure to hiv/aids, contact this man for what ever you are going through, what ever sickness you are suffering from, like
(1) CANCER,
(8) DIARRHEA
(9) ASTHMA
(10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL HERPES
11) HE ALSO HAVE SPELL TO BRING BACK YOUR EX
hiv/aids, perkinsons disease, ALS, CANCERS, HERPES. contact him with his email via (dr.molowa@gmail.com) or call him through the following contact on +2349035740352
N  27th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hello viewers i want to share a testimony of how dr aluya cured my herpes virus with his herbal medicine, i have been with this disease for the past 2 years i have gone to different hospital for cure all there keep giving me is medication and still am not cured one day i was borrowing through the internet and i saw a lot of people sharing there testimony of how this great herbalist dr aluya has helped them in there various problems and situations i decided to give him a try i contacted this great man all he ask from me was my details which i provided he prepare the herbal medicine and send it to me he also gave me instruction on how to take the herbal medicine i did as i was instructed by him, dear friends you would not believe this, after taking the herbal medicine i went to the hospital for checkup to my greatest surprise my result came out negative, my dear i will say truly there is a cure for herpes virus with the help of dr aluya herbal medicine you can be cured from your herpes virus you can contact him on his email address dr.aluyasolutiontemple@yahoo.com if you are having any problem i advice you do contact him for help okay here is his mobile numbers +2347064851317, +2349073364485 you can also visit his website aluyasolutiontemple.webs.com for help thank you dr aluya for saving my life.
N  18th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes

A  18th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I was cured of HIV with the used of natural herbs. My name is celina jolly and am from US. I love herbs so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time. I was cured 8months ago, i suffered from HIV for 13yrs but with the help of Dr.Ogun herbal medicine, i was cured within few weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same doctor also cured my Aunty from herpes, as soon as i heard she had herpes, i quickly refer her to Dr. Ogun and she was cured too after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 15 persons to Dr.Ogun and they were all cured from their various illness. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs, injections, surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. Contact Dr.Ogun now, he is a herbalist doctor, i assured you of a cure if you drink his natural herbs. Dr.Ogun have herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, HBP, STD, cancer, chronic, etc. Contact Dr ogun through his Email address on:drogun62@gmail.com or WHATSAP/CALL him on +2348104991149 . Please share the good news to other people once you are cured.
A  20th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
My name is Jalissa lucia smith, am from United State. I want the general public to know how this great man called Dr Ogun cure me and my sister from GENITAL HERPES with herbal medicine gotten from him, And i have confirmed that he cures other diseases too like STD, SYPHILIS, CANCER, HIV AIDS, My own was worst I have suffered for Human papilloma virus HPV) for 3years he cure me too!!! herbal is a great medication. he have a medicine that is 100% assured to cure any type of disease and you don’t need to spend so much money anymore . I want you to contact Dr Ogun on his Email:drogun62@gmail.com. My family is now a brand new one, so stop your worries and go get your herbal medicine now to get your family free from deadly disease. Once again thanks to Dr Ogun, you can contact him via email; drogun62@gmail.com or whatsapp/call him on +2348104991149

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree