Topix.com — topix.com commits fraud!
I worked with the management team for Palo Alto, California based Topix.com, and wanted to expose some business secrets this company uses to make money off of innocent people. Topix.com allows online users to post stories and topics in their local communities on its website.
However many users use the site to post hateful and defaming remarks about people and businesses, for the fact that the site is not moderated.
Chris Tolles, the company President & CEO, figured his company could make money by allowing users to post negative remarks about others, than charge the attacked entity to remove the remarks in a timely manner. It became a good source of income for Topix, allowing such unethical issues to be posted on their site. They allow the comments to stay on as long as they can, even after numerous complaints are filed to remove them by users who are attacked by others.
They recently removed the payment feature to charge to remove comments, unfortunately so many complaints are coming in, Topix can't handle the burden. The company still refuses to moderate the postings, which continue to fall into the category on internet defamation, in which Mr. Tolles and company are truly guilty of.
I left the company, after being asked to do other unethical practices by management, and felt I should share my issues with the world!
More Topix.com Complaints & Reviews
- Topix.com - defamation of my character 
- Topix - human sexuality forum - fathers encouraging each other to commit incest
- Topix - discussion connersville indiana
- Topix, LLC - cyberbullying company 
- Topix.com - topix is gathering user's personal data, in conjunction with the nsa, to use it to, &spy on citizens, profile them and invasion of privacy 
- Topix LLC - [email protected]
- Topix LLC - louisville forum
- Topix - inconsistencies and wrongful censorship
- Topix - fraudulent posts / discussion connersville in
- Topix.com - I am not sure there is a more destructive website on the internet