Tobi USA / Horrible quality item

United States Review updated:
I purchased a Tobi steamer and Tobi Tree. I did not open it until many months later due to illness and other events (dealing with the death of a loved one and legal issues). When I opened it and used it the item broke on the very first use. We could see no way to repair it. Upon calling the company and e-mailing them numerous times they wanted me to purchase another one. After much discussion they suggested sending another one if I paid the postage. They didn't seem interested that their item failed to meet the standards advertised.

I told them that was not satisfactory. Why should I purchase another one when the one I had was either a poor product or defective. I requested each time that my account be credited. They refused. I might have tried another if they had not insisted I pay the shipping. I told them I would report this wherever necessary if they did not credit my account or make it good. They have failed to honor my request. A small price to pay for good customer service. Their people who spoke with me were not helpful at all. They told me several times after I called someone would call me back and they never called.

I suggested the item be removed from the market as it was hazardous due to the fact in trying to get it to work properly it collapsed and hit me in the head and shoulder. I could not e-mail them direct. I have to go online to contact them every time. They have failed to respond to the last e-mail I sent.

This should be blasted in the media and on TV since they push their products on TV and the Internet. Consumers should not have to deal with companies like this. Their main objective is getting their money.
Va

Comments

Be
  25th of Oct, 2008
I ordered it over the phone the tobi steamer it was surpose to be 29.95 and no shipping and handling. It said on the net 60 day money back gurantee 5 gifts free shipping and handling asolutely no additional cost. When these people took out the shipping and handling when they weren't surpose to I called and they said I ordered the little steamer which, I didn't and I said listen to the recording. They took out money from my debit card they weren't surpose to which consititues fraud. Anyone else out there with the same problem
Te
  14th of Nov, 2008
I am having a similar experience with Tobi. Mine did work however initially and upon trying to use it one day found that it did not work. Upon examination I discovered that the valve cap on the water tank had broken for reasons unknown. When I tried to obtain this small part (even willing to pay for it) I was speaking to India who could find no record of my purchase and also wanted to sell me a new steamer. When I contacted Tobi via their website, I was told a few days later that parts are not available but they are "thinking" about making parts available. Basically they offered no other alternative except to buy a new steamer. By the way, my 2nd phone call (again to India) after expressing my frsutration as they could again find no record of my purchase, the customer (non)service rep hung up on me, mid sentence. Frustrated in Seattle!
Ch
  14th of Jan, 2009
im also fustrated, i just got off the phone with tobi ( my 6th phone call in 5 months) to ask why my credit hasnt been recieved. my husband purchased a tobi for me, nice gesture, but i had no use for it. i returned the product and now they wont give me a refund!!! 119.00 to purchase 53.88 for shipping, which is ridiculus...now they have both, and he just told me, if i want it back i have to pay shipping and handling...something has to be done with these rude and unprofessional people...any suggestions

Tobi Logo Tobi