TLGGreatFN / Unauthorized charges!

FloridaMoore Haven, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 863-234-1521
I was charged 9.95 for 8 months before I discovered the charge. I blame my self for negligence in not stopping the charges sooner but I did not give them permission to charge my card. I made an order with Avon and as is this case, did the payment online with my credit card. At the end of the order Avon asked if you wanted information from certain companies, I responded that I would like to receive coupons. Not knowing that I would have to pay 9.95 a month. I never received anything for that money. If I had I might have realized I might be getting a charge on my cc. I somehow overlooked this charge for 6 months and the last month I was charged twice for the end of the month and begging of the next month. That is when it stuck out like a sore thumb and I realized that I was being scammed. They did refund the last month and this month I just received a second refund of 9.95. That will not continue. They are keeping the rest of my money. $60.00!!! This is a lesson learned. Also I will not be shopping Avon, who gave them my credit card number.

Comments

Ca
  10th of Mar, 2008
All,

Thanks for your comments. They gave me information I needed to press my bank regarding the charge. I called Tlggreatfn and inquired as to the charges. As it turns out, I recieved a 15% off discount from a trip I booked thru ORBITZ , if I signed up for a subscription for Tlggreatfn, http://www.greatfunonline.com It is an entertainment company which specializes in dining, enternainment, travel, etc).

I remember signing up for the service with the intent of cancelling it when I moved to my new home in another state. To make a long story short, they hook you into purchasing the service with the hopes of you forgetting to cancell it. And I fell for it, hook-line-and sinker. I cannot believe I was so careless to allow these charges to accumulate for so long.