TLG Travel Adv / Unauthorized charge to my charge card!

1 OH, United States Review updated:

There was a charge to my 5/3rd mastercard for $109.99 that I did not authorize and am requesting a refund. I am running into trouble with my bank obtaining a refund.

Comments

• Da
      23rd of Feb, 2008

Wow i just got my credit card statment and i have the same thing is there any suggestions you have for me.

• Sh
      13th of Jul, 2008

We too have just discovered that this happened to us also. Does anyone know if there is a lawsuit against these people!!!

• Te
      18th of Aug, 2008

what the hell i have just gotten the same card statement and it tells me i spent 59.99 on somthing i know i didnt.if there is a lawsuit please let us know

7th of Oct, 2008

I figured this one out when i received my second $5 check for money back from my HSBC marstercard. On the back it says in fine print that if i deposot it I will be agreeing to a travel membership and be charged $59.99. I expected more from HSBC than mail fraud. After calling the number for Travelers Advantage they only agreed to charging back the fee when threatened with an immediate BBB complaint. HSBC says they aren't associated and they are a third party, but it was sent on their letterhead in their envelope. Completly misleading scam marketing. The charge put me over the limit and they have refused to credit back the fee until traveler's credits their part back. Travel's said I should see it in 1-2 billing cycles. Funny it takes 2 days tops for a credit to clear when issued. I beleive the only way to stop this sort of fruad is to complain to your local www.BBB.org I might expect it from junk mail, but not from your credit card company.

• Ka
      22nd of Aug, 2009

My fiance' was also ripped off by this bogus scam. When he called HSBC to ask if they were affiliated with these people...the rep hung up on him. I feel that card holders should stick together and sue the hell out of them. That is completely taking advantage of hard working people. The checks that were mailed to him were called "direct rewards", but like the last person said...it had HSBC's letter head and was mailed to him in their envelopes. These people are working together to scam innocent people. I think it's a crying shame!!!

Karen

7th of Jun, 2010

I see these posts were in 2008. Well, the scam continues. Just got an HSBC statement and it has two charges (same day), each for $109.99. One from "TRVL ADV" and one from
    "Just ForMe". Had never heard of either before these charges. Called and was told that chargebacks would be made. New card being issued to eliminate use of the number again.

Andrea S.