Tlg Great Fun / unauthorized charge of my credit card

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-290-8603

Great Fun, an entity I never heard of before, charged my creditcard with $12.99. I called [protected] to protest the charge. The person whom I talked to promised that he would remove the charge and gave me a confirmation number of my complaint: W53344808030. That was a lie: The charge with a different date appeared on the next statement. The credit care co. would not stop payment after we reported the fraud. The only thing the card company can do to change our account number. And the scam artists keep my money and are having Great Fun as their name promised. Is there no remedy against the dastardly acts of these crooks?

Comments

11th of Dec, 2007

They are doing the same thing to me, and I cant get rid of them. I will have to report my credit card as stolen. They dont answer their phons, and they have illegaly taken 100.00 from my account.

• Ga
      2nd of Jan, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I have also changed/deleted/closed my credit card.

• Sc
      27th of May, 2008

They just got me for $59.99. When I called, they told me that I had cashed a check that had been enclosed in my Chase credit card statement. This check was my agreement to enroll. Well, I did no such thing. They said they would remove the charge and send me a copy of the check that I supposedly cashed. I'll let you know if it ever arrives. In the meantime, I canceled my Chase credit card account. I asked the lady that I talked to at TLG, Rhonda, if she had ever Googled her company. She says that she is aware of all the bad press and that it's the fault of all the companies that sell the TLG services, not TLG itself. Whoooeeee, the smell of baloney is very strong.

• Ba
      23rd of Nov, 2008

My granddaughter had a $119.99 charge on her acccount. When I called they said she had sent in a $10.00 rebate form for Great Fun and she would be a member unless she cancelled within 30days. This was a downright lie. She never sent anything in. She never noticed this on her account since she is an out of town college student and the statements are sent diretly to my home. I called them because they had sent a post card saying her memberhip would be renewed unless she called to cancel by 12/08/08. I called and they gave me a cancellation number. I asked to speak to a supervisor who identified herself as "DEE DEE" and said she would reimburse the account in about ten to fifteen days. If this credit does not come through I will contact the state attorney general's office to file a report.