Tire Kingdom / saga continues

1 Palm Harbor, FL, United States Review updated:

This is a continuation to my complaint on 2/2/09

After countless hours spent at tire kingdom, and being sent to another tire kingdom where supposely there was a master mechanic named gus. Now the car has a noise when I break that was not there prior to my original visit to tire kingdom on us 19 and then east lake road. It took 5 visits and an installation of a part to finally get it to stop steering to the right (yes I paid for alignment on the initial visit).in all fairness I must say the manager at the eastlake rd store inherited the problem. But in adjusting one thing something else was messed up. I am aware it is a'97 car the important point is, it was not steering to the right, nor did it have any noises. Before my visit to tire kingdom on 1/12/09. People!!! Do not let yourself as I did, be convinced you need parts replaced.in my case they were struts.

Comments

• Va
      11th of Jun, 2008
    Tire Kingdom - Rip off 84 year old woman
    www.tirekingdom.com

My mother-in-law went to Tire Kingdom because she was concerned about her tires. $15, 000 later, she had new tires, new battery, new brakes and the car only has 20k on the odometer. The brakes were fine. The tires were fine and the car started. There were no problems. This is cruel on a person on a fixed income.

They are hard up to do this to an old person that does not understand autos and does not wish to get others involved (like me).

I would warn seniors and those unfamiliar with vehicles to stay away from Tire Kingdom. Go to Goodyear or other organizations that are more reputable.

18th of Jun, 2008
    Tire Kingdom - Don't buy from them
    www.tirekingdom.com

Bought a new set of tire 2 months before I went on a trip, I had a flat tire. Come to find out the valve stem cracked and the incorrect ones were installed.

Two other tire stores agreed that it had to be cracked during install or defective. Tire kingdom wanted to sell me a new tire. When I stated that the stem should not have cracked due to the steel core, they said it was dry rot.

Needless to say they lost a 10 year customer and their GM will not return my call. Do yourself a favour, don’t buy from here!

18th of Jul, 2008
    Tire Kingdom - Beware
    tirekingdom.com

On the 16th of July 2017 I changed the oil on my Toyota 2017 and not even a few hours later the car stopped and oil was all over our drive way and ended up all over the streets on top of that the car stalled. Tire kingdom came out after half hour and put oil in the car and zoomed off. I then went to tire kingdom and was told they will take care of me but they have not yet done anything. I will never take my care to tire kingdom again I do not agree with the way they handled the situation

5th of Oct, 2008
    Tire Kingdom - Awful company
    3348 34th St N
    Phone: 727-527-4555
    tirekingdom.com

I have purchased ALL replacement tires for my current vehicle from Tire Kingdom, and had included 'free lifetime tire rotation and balance'. On my first visit to use the free balance and rotation service, the store personnel tried to convince me my car was 'unsafe' so that I would purchase unneeded items.

I was told 'Michelin tires are crap', and was recommended to buy 4 new tires from a different vendor that the company was obviously promoting heavily. Well, if the tires are 'crap', then why did you sell the previous 5 in the first place??? Don't go to this store unless you want to be sold unnecessary product and service on every visit. Get a second opinion and take your business elsewhere.

• As
      30th of Oct, 2008

every tire company that deals or dealt with the manufacturer of that particular valve stem had the same issue. there was a national recall on all those companies that purchased those valve stems for use stating it was a huge batch of stems that were dryrotting before they were shipped out. if you do not believe this call a few tire shops and ask them, as i have replaced hundreds of those stems in the last 7-8 months.

• We
      22nd of Nov, 2008

Don't worry, I won't. For the second time in six months, I missed chrome lug caps after tire service at two different TK locations. The first disavowed responsibility, the second was observed immediately after service; the manager promised to send replacement that has not arrived. I don't understand how this chain stays in business.

• Li
      27th of Jan, 2009
    Tire Kingdom - free gas
    gas redemption center
    Largo
    Phone: 18005140366

i have jumped thru all their hoops for my gas rebates, still havent recieved one yet, going on 4 months.
    please send check to james lampman
    1181 sw haleyberry ave
    port st lucie, fl 34953
    or 1-772-336-7476
    or [protected]@aol.com

• Mi
      10th of Feb, 2009

I have a 2017 Toyota Camry with 60, 000 mostly highway miles on it. At 52, 000 miles I replaced all 4 tires at a Tire Kingdom. At 60, 000 miles I first took my car to Toyota for the 60, 000 mile maintenance work and the next week I went for my free rotation at Tire Kingdom. The manager insisted on a safety check during the rotation even though I told him that I just had one at the dealer. In the end I was told that I needed all new brakes and struts as well as some other work totaling $1300. I declined. I then took the print out to the Toyota dealer and was told that they tried to scam me. For free they took another look at the brakes and struts and told me they were perfect.

Although these are civil cases, there has to be criminal laws on the books to prevent thos sort of thing from happening.

• Bl
      16th of Feb, 2009

I fell for the " YOU NEED STUTS STORY) I have had nothing but headaches since then. I went in for a routine oil change, wound up with a $875.00 service bill, and 5 visits to Tire Kingdom since 1/12/09. After the struts were installed the car kept steering to the right it was finally corrected but after that adjustment now it makes a noise when I break. No I do not need breaks they were replaced including rotors, and pads a few months ago.

17th of Feb, 2009

I have sent all my gas customer copies for 3 months and I have nothing back . unable to make a call at contact information phone number.

• Es
      20th of Feb, 2009

I have not received any gas cards since October/08. despite my efforts to get in contact with Free Gas redemption.com. They do not have a reliable phone number or address. The volucher is for $500. I need help!!

• Ri
      3rd of Mar, 2009
    Tire Kingdom - freegasredemption.com
    Richard Spaeth
    Lake Worth
    Florida

It is so funny that I signed up for this same program but the companies name was at www.freegasredemption.com. I spoke to the marketing agent responsible for this program in Tirekingdoms corporate location. Her name is Diane Smith. She can be reached at 800-926-8473 ext 2454. Call her and tell her your stories. The AG of State of Florida took over receivership of Tidewater Marketing who went under many names, Do a google search on free gas redemption complaints. You will see that Tire Kingdom failed to even research this company first and Tidewater had complaints going back to early part of 2017. How can Tirekingdom do this? Read this link below.

February 20 2017, 6:07 PM EST

A Clearwater marketing company on Friday agreed to stop promoting its "free gas" voucher program, in response to a lawsuit filed last week by the Florida Attorney General's office after thousands of Floridians complained they never got the promised fuel.

The complete article can be viewed at:
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sfl-022009-florida-gas-voucher-company-sued, 0, 1823911.story

People that were scammed should also stand in front of the Tirekingdom location and protest, ruin their business for the day. Also go to www.tirekingdom.com, scroll to the bottom of the page and this is what is posted on their site.

A Special Message concerning the gas promotion

Tire Kingdom recently engaged in promotion where customers who purchased tires became eligible to participate in a gasoline voucher program from Tidewater Global Marketing and www.gasolineredemption.com Tire Kingdom paid for its customers to participate in this program. Unfortunately, it now appears that Tidewater Global Marketing may be unable to fulfill its obligations under the program.

Tire Kingdom prides itself in customer service. Tire Kingdom will implement an alternative program. Tire Kingdom is finalizing the details of this alternative program, and will make them available soon. Please check back on this website in the next few days to receive final information on the details and requirements.

What we should be demanding from Tirekingdom is to fulfill this offer and give us the $500.00 gas card in one card. Email me at [protected]@gmail.com if anyone wants to spend a day protesting in front of the corporate location in Jupiter Florida.

• La
      4th of Mar, 2009

I also bought 4 tires from Tire Kingdom on November 13, 2017 and have been sending in my coupons for "free gas" and have not received any vouchers. Although the website for freegasredemption.com is up, none of their phone numbers are connected. Not sure where to go from here, but I do believe I was part of a scam and Tire Kingdom should make good on this promotion.

• Ba
      6th of Mar, 2009

i also bought 4 tires waiting for 3 gas cards, nothing yet????? think we need to file complaint with tire kingdom?????

• At
      9th of Mar, 2009

for the jack ###, the bills were never exceed 15, 000 ###

• Na
      13th of Mar, 2009

I have been sending my receipts in faithfully for 4 months before the 20th. I started in Dec and have received nothing to date. Can't contact via mail, email or phone. I did receive an email from them 1/22/09 stating my receipts were received and my free gas card would arrive within 28 business days. It's March 13th and so far nothing.
    The only reason I purchased from Tire Kingdom was for this promotion. I could have gotten the same price elsewhere closer to work. What a scam. Participating merchants SHOULD be made to offer an additional "perk" to make up for the bad feelings & poor reputation this scam has caused them.

• La
      14th of Mar, 2009

I purchased tires from Tire Kingdom Nov. 2017 and began the gas redemption process in Dec. 2017. I still have not received my monthly cards after sending in my receipts monthly. My last mailing was returned stating the business has moved with no forwarding address. I went on their website with the new address but the phone is disconnected.

Laurel

• Dj
      19th of Mar, 2009

The Florida AG has shut them down and is suing them (though I doubt there is any money to be had). Has anyone had any luck trying to get Tire Kingdom to honor their promotion?

• St
      21st of Mar, 2009

I purchaced a set of brand new tires from Tire Kingdom instead of their competition because of this so called "Free Gas Promotion"
    and that was in November, then my vouchers weren't able to be redeemed until January of 2017 now after all of this time and saving
    receipts only buying gas at one company and what do I get in return, an envelope marked return to sender, no forwarding address, no answer on their 1 800 number just ripped off!!!

• Wa
      26th of Mar, 2009

We did the same thing. I started getting my original receipts back "return to sender" and "refused". As soon as I called Tire Kingdom they referred me to their website tirekingdom.com where they said there are two options you can choose as the original company was put out of business because they could not meet their obligations. You can either choose a one time $100 prepaid visa card or you can opt for the $500 in gas over 20 months as originally promised. Which one do you think I chose? They are playing on those who are desperate for $ and hoping they take the first option. Click on the link on their website to get the acceptance form and send it in to receive your new vouchers. Good luck!

Wayne