Time Warner Cable / Road Runner / stay away from this company!

Time Warner Cable
www.timewarnercable.com

Road Runner
www.rr.com

Time Warner / AOL / Road Runner has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I had my service physically unplugged by a tech in order to plug my neighbor in. Seven missed appointments and numerous called to customer service later and I am still without Internet. This is the second time this month. Customer service says that I can't talk to a supervisor that one will have to call me back, never happened. Dispatch does not call back either. If I had not paid for service in advance I would switch carriers. Stay away from this company, if you ever have problems you will get nothing but lies and empty promises.

Va

Comments

Ji
  28th of Jul, 2008

JUST GOT NEW COMPUTER ROADRUNNER PROVIDER HAVE ERROR PRObLEM IN EMAIL WHAT TO CHARGE 120.00 TO CORRECT .NEW SERVICE THAT THEY DONT STAND BY AFTER HOOKUP WHY NO NOTIFICATION PREVIOUS TO HOOKING UP IF PROBLEM WOULD ARISE A COST WOULD BE APPLYED SIMPLE FIX ON THERE PART

Ma
  17th of Sep, 2008

i have had R.R. for about 5 mos and i still cant get anyonr to fix my problems.[i have a fewA] one tells you this and the other one something else. they hang up on you and keep putting you to some one else. i wish we had some competition, i" d drop time warneer in a heartbeat.

Ja
  19th of Feb, 2009

Have had Time Warnere Cable in my area since they took over Adephia a few years ago. Not only have they raised my rates this year (I have ISP service only) but I get slower connections and since last October many blackout and down problems in my area. When ever I call the phone number on my Time Warner bill. their is no one to speak too and it forwards me to Road Runner which I get the same response from every time generally some idiot that dose not know what is going on and that they have a blackout somewhere.

I can honestly say that Road Runner is about the worst service I have ever had and I am desperately looking to dump them and Time Warner Cable.

MY advise is... Stay away from them if you can.

Je
  9th of Apr, 2010

dear road runner i have a problem like 200 yds down the have road runner but sence i stay at a intersection with no neighbors i gess they dident run it down 200 more yds i need roadrunner for x box live and ive gone like 3 yrs with out it before we moved to this location we were satisfide customers i dont klnow the best way to put in a potiton to get em to l ay the line this is a big problem for me like only 2 houses or 3 dont get it what do i need to do plz reply

Bi
  11th of Nov, 2011

tw is like all big companys; they worry more about the people they don't have than taking care of the long time people they still have! they have no remorst for people on fixed incume! i hate paying for 90% of juck channels and 5 minute commercials every 10 minutes! they are all time offering 89.95 service and now it is 140.00! just waiting for a better way to enjoy retirement!

Ma
  26th of Jan, 2012

I had Time Warner service installed two days ago because Verizon's new software had smaller print on the television menu making it almost impossible for me to see. On Tuesday, I spoke to a very nice TW technician who helped me program the remote for my bedroom television and get closed captioning.(for a slight hearing deficit). On the following day, I called to get the living room television remote programmed and was on the phone for 45 minutes with someone who sounded as if he was reading from a script and not understanding or answering any of my questions. I could not access closed captioning and he told me it was the fault of my television. I told him I had Verizon up until the installation of Time Warner and everything worked perfectly including closed captioning. He told that Verizon had closed captioning on more stations that TW and that with TW I would only be able to get CC on channels 100 and above. I informed him that I had I had another TV on which the CC was working perfectly. I asked to speak to his supervisor and was informed that the supv would only tell me the same thing that he told me. I insisted on speaking to a supv and was put on hold for half an hour. Every once in awhile the music stopped for a second making me wonder if he was checking to see if I was still holding on. Subsequently, I called and asked for customer service and told the young woman how frustrated I was and if I could not get closed captioning I would have to cancel. Her response was I will set up the cancellation right now. Is this customer service, would Time Warner rather have me cancel service than try to correct a problem.

Subsequently, I discovered that the installer who came in truck with Midtown Collision printed on it had disconnected my printer and my DVD player.

My experience with Time Warner has caused two of my relatives to cancel their orders to switch to Time Warner service. I certainly wish that I had read these complaints before I switched.

Ja
  28th of Oct, 2012

Brighthouse and RoadRunner need to start improving their services quickly or they will soon be shut out of the ballgame. New devices will allow fast internet connections via other services.

Our RoadRunner/Brighthouse Bradenton FL internet service has been slow, intermittent and unreliable. We have paid for premium service ( Lightning ) and get mediocre results. I cannot reach a service technician today. Have been put on hold for several minutes.

I will be actively looking for alternative services and happily broadcast the find to everyone.

Our Carlton Arms assigned service man installed our services a few years ago and we haven't seen him since. Prior to this time the only alternative for us was Verizon who are a terrible service.

Jaren Vitale

La
  30th of Oct, 2012

twc and rr are very bias. They support the traitor obama and control comments that are against obama. I'm going back to dish to get away from these socialist ###s.

Fe
  13th of Jun, 2014

Is this what we have to look forward to when large companies try to merge. Roadrunner email is costing me money. I have had to work on alternate ways to communicate with customers and vendors. If you need reliable service to run your business I suggest you find another provider.