Time Warner Cable N. E. Ohio / poor service!

Our cable has been on and off for about 2 weeks now. Can't watch the TV. I have tried to call almost everyday - usually the phone cuts out before I ever get to talk to anyone. Today may be my lucky day - I have been on hold for about a 1/2 hour and not cut off yet. Are there this many customers having issues? Their bill boasts of 24 hour customer service ! But no one ever answers the phone!!!

I have also emailed them multiple times - no response. Maybe their company doesn't know how to use email - oh, wait - I remember I used to have their Road Runner Internet service - well that never worked either. That's probably why they don't email back - it's not working. Get a DSL connection - it never goes out!!! Not like Road Runner - which always went out, you couldn't get through to support and then they couldn't fix it after you made an appt and missed work 3 weeks later.

It is starting to look like I am going to be driving into the cable office in the morning since no one is answering the phone. What I don't understand is how they are allowed to get away with this kind of service to their customers!

Comments

5th of Sep, 2007

Here is the text of my online chat with Time Warner

Mark: Hello my name is Mark I will be assisting you today. What may I help you with?
    Joe Moran: I am an existing customer just trying to transfer service. Install has missed 2 appointments. the first one was scheduled on the 31st from 4-6. I planned my day around it, as i am in the middle of a move. by the time i finally talked to someone, it was rescheduled for the 1st between 2-4. Again, no one showed up. I even gave my cell number (twice) and never heard from anyone. Needless to say, i had no cable service for 4 days. I am thoroughly disappointed in the lack of customer service at Time Warner. My transfer of service has been re-scheduled for today between 10-12. I am thinking about not being there and switching to DirectTV. I would like this issue addressed! The $20 off my bill that was offered is not enough! Thanks
    Mark: Do you have your account number handy? If not may I have the phone number on your account please?
    Joe Moran: 330-896-0157
    Mark: Just a moment please while I open your account
    Joe Moran: No problem
    Joe Moran: The new address is 54 Prescott, Hudson, OH 44236
    Mark: Thanks I found it.
    Mark: I do apologize for the two missed appointments. I am showing the technician is active in your area. I would like to extend you an additional $40 credit for the troubles this has caused
    Joe Moran: Thank you for the offer, i know that it was not personally your fault. The credit is fine and i appreciate the apology. I will continue with Time Warner, but i hope things will get better. If the appointment is missed, I will cancel. Thank you for your help
    Mark: You are very welcome! Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Joe Moran: No, this is much easier than calling.
    Mark: Great we are glad to bring you new ways of communication with Time Warner hope you have a great day!
    Joe Moran: You to.
    Mark: Analyst has closed chat and left the room

Guess what, they made the appt., but did not have the right boxes and never returned. This company is the worst

• Ne
      7th of Jul, 2008

This is the worst cable company ever they can not conect service no matter what. This is really a shame. Worst of it all they do not have supervisors and they claim they do. I am not sure I can call this a company if they can put me through soo much. Today I requested my 4th supervisor call after waiting a week. I think I need to give up. I will never have cable that I originally scheduled to get greater than 2 wees ago. This cable company does not exist at all.

• Am
      10th of Feb, 2009

Time Warner Cable Customer Service Representatives claim not being aware of Internet deals offered by the company!!!. I got a a HD, TV channels and 3 receivers, PLUS RR Internet services for one year for:$84.90;
    on:01/09/09. This deal remains on line to this date, Despite that fact, TWC Representative claims not knowing of such an offer!!!. Hence I received this month statement for:$196.17!!!. So my bill went up instead of
    going significantly down. Prior to this offer my bill averaged:$150.00; It is truly a sham when the company representatives are unaware of the companies offers particularly such offers had been on line for a minimum of
    a month; I also had to purchase the Motorola Modem thru them from a third party dealer"Fee Modem after rebate", The Technician came a day later than the appointment, was not able to install the modem, claiming that it was malfunctioning!!!; Asked us personally to change it from TWC office and self install it!!!.
    Which I did and despite all those unfortunate mishapps the "NEW MODEM" is not properly functioning, since it does not cover the entire house all the time, when the Internet signal is lost many times during the day.What is ridiculous as well is despite sending the company several facsimiles documenting and explaining all of the above and more I have not received any reply or explanations from TWC Company, nor an adjustment to my billing !!!. This company will eventually lot of business soon because the competition is on my door almost everyday.Amr ElMahdy, Account #:059100001.

• Do
      20th of May, 2011

That is because online promotions are for online purchases, and not purchases made by calling telesales and arguing about some price you saw somewhere else. If you see a good deal online, buy it online. It's not brain surgery. Do you see a good deal in one store, waste a sales rep's time at that store and then not purchase it, then go to Wal-Mart later and waste someone else's time demanding the other rep's rate? I'm sure you do.