Time Warner Cable / money they claim owed to them

Utica NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3157650034

I had already had my phone with the cable for a few years when i switched everything over to them. They told me they would send the modem for the tv. There would be no charge. My son tried to hook it up without success. We had to have a service man come to our house. After about an hour without getting a signal, the main office told him it was shut off at the pole. Then we argued about all the fees they were charging. The woman got disrespectful and said my bill had never been fully paid. That was a lie;I always paid on or before the due date. I requested all payments made in the past. Which was sent. I had prove my bill was always paid in full for as long as I had the account, starting with just the phone. My so had gotten me a phone service for
$15 a month offering me even more than cable gave. They upped my bill $57 a month for taking off the phone. I just canceled the whole account, sent back all there equipment. In the end they owed my son $33. We never got the money. Every time we made a call about it, they came up with some excuse. Now we are getting a collection notice for over double of what the balance owed to him was.

I noticed this has Time Warner Cable-Carolinas, my son has never lived anywhere but NY.

Do
Mar 15, 2014

Comments

• Ni
      15th of Mar, 2014

Send them a certified letter telling them your records show you do not owe that amount. Tell them you will gladly pay the bill if they can prove to you that you owe it. Otherwise, it is your belief you do NOT owe them anything. Let it go to collections and anyone calling just tell them you do not owe, etc. and TWC refused to show you why you owe it. Do not pay it just to make it go away. That's dumb. You should never pay something you don't owe. Period.