Tidebuy.com / it looked great but... yes there is a big but

United States Review updated:

We were looking for good online value and found tidebuy on facebook. It looked great but... Yes there is a big but!

First, we (My fiance sarah and me) clicked like and they promise a $20 coupon. We never received it. There were many complaints on their pages about this. Even worse, more than 50% of the posts on their wall were people complaining - one lady received a wedding dress with a hole in the top layer, rips on the seams which were not sewn straight and rough scissor marks. Another received a dress that should have have lots of white or clear beads on the front - the dress she received had all black beads. There were many other complaints. For some reason, during november, nobody from tidebuy seemed to monitor the posts and a most of the comments were negative. Then this week, tidebuy began to monitor the wall again and removed all the negative comments so that what people now see is only the positive ones. In other words, tidebuy do not want people to know the truth.

Tidebuy is not a factory. It is a portal where hundreds of factories sell their products. All the images shown there are stolen from big designers and these factories make cheap copies of them. Some are quite good but many are a disaster. So while some people are lucky and get reasonable quality, many are not. It's like a lottery. Personally, for an important event such as a wedding or a prom, I would prefer to pay a little more and be sure of what we're getting than take a chance of being one of the many hundreds of unhappy customers.

Ka

Comments

• Ti
      Dec 20, 2011

Dear Customer,
    We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Please post your full order number so that we can investigate your case further and offer solutions.

Regards
    www.tidebuy.com

• Ki
      Apr 15, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - I will never order anything from this company again and would advise other people not to buy anything from them
    tidebuy.com

I purchased a dress for my daughters graduation ball. It took a long time to receive it and when it did finally arrived I was horrified. It was totally the wrong color ( we ordered deep blue and got pale lilac), it looked nothing like the dress we ordered and the workmanship was disgraceful. I emailed tidebuy immediately with pictures of the dress we ordered and the one we received. I waited 8 days and having received no reply I contacted paypal who withdrew the money I was charged from tidebuy and investigated by claim. They found in my favor and returned my payment in full after I returned the dress. I found that shipping companies very expensive so I sent it by registered post at a fraction of what I was quoted from a shipping company. I will never order anything from this company again and would advise other people not to buy anything from them.

• Ne
      May 15, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - Now i have no dress and no money
    tidebuy.com

I ordered a prom dress on this website .. when the dress arrived at my house i thought i was going to die!!! the dress design was nothing like the one i orderd! the color wasnt right and the dress looked like $#*!!! there was threads hanging off there was a major defect on on side of the hip on the dress!! and they didnt want to give me my money back.!! they told me to send them the dress back and they will give me my money back and its been a month and i still haven't gotten my money back!!! i just want to go there and blow their place up!!! wt[censored] they stole my 200$ and now i have no dress and no money! never buy from them

• Pa
      May 15, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - When the dresses arrived they were terrible quality and were not as the picture showed
    tidebuy.com

I bought two dresses from this site. When the dresses arrived they were terrible quality and were not as the picture showed. One of my dresses had a pin sewn under the chiffon and cannot be removed and the other dress wasn't even made from the same material shown in the picture. I tried to get a refund on the dresses however they wouldn't listen and kept saying they are perfectly fine when they obviously weren't and I showed them photo proof. The dresses also didn't fit. So I'm stuck with 2 dresses that are crap and 2 small so unwearable and I'm pretty sure no one else will wear them so i have wasted a lot of money.

• Bu
      May 16, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - Don't buy from this company
    tidebuy.com

I ordered a prom dress from here along with a friend, hers arrived pretty quickly but was of poor quality and of a different fabrice.
    It took over three months of constant emailing and pathetic replies from the company to finally recieve the dress. And it doesnt look the same and had loose threads and poorly cut fabric.

They asked for photos of the problems with the dress but they will not upload to their site and they say they cannot do anything about it!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! WASTE OF MONEY!!

• Ya
      May 20, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - They have no interest in keeping customers happy
    tidebuy.com

I ordered my WEDDING DRESS from this company. When I received it, I noticed there was a red stained on the inner layer (its satin with lace over it). Went through all the correct channels to try return the dress. Was first told the red stain was blood & to basically [censored] off & get it cleaned. Am exchanging emails with them for the last 2 weeks and there customer servic is appauling. They have no interest in keeping customers happy. Anyone out there even thinking about ordering off this site I would highly recommend that you rethink your decision...

• Ra
      May 24, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - Don't buy anything from this website
    tidebuy.com

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEB SITE. This is the last message that I have sent about a horrific dress, it has literally taken me months to get responses back from them. And their return policy is a joke! And this is the 4th email I have sent them in 3 months, all say just about the same thing!
    You word is not good enough, they want pics and all sorts of other crap! So now I am fighting with them to get almost $200 USD back. And now I am getting the credit card company involved.

I WANT A RESPONSE TODAY PLEASE, TO THIS EMAIL, THIS IS THE EMAIL THAT MATTERS

NO invoice was included in the shipping of this dress. SO how am I supposed to give you an order number when someone at YOUR company clearly cannot do their job.

The first picture is the picture you have on YOUR web site, and is the dress WE THOUGHT WE ORDERED.

The last two pictures are of the dress WE RECIEVED IN THE MAIL. These two dresses ARE CLEARLY NOT THE SAME. They are not even close to the same color. The lace on the skirt is cut straight on the bottom in the picture it is not cute straight in person. There are jewel embelisments arounf the top of the dress that are NOT PICTURED AT ALL on the web site.

THIS TWO DRESSES ARE NOTHING ALIKE. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO SEND THE DRESS BACK, AT COST TO YOU, BECAUSE THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A HASSEL, AND BECAUSE YOU SOLD LOW QUALITY MERCHANDISE THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE ADVERTISING THAT YOU SELL. SO YOU IN REALITY LIE TO YOUR CUSOMTERS, AND HAVE NOW COST ME A DRESS FOR A WEDDING. I WANTEDTHE DRESS IN THE PICTURE, I DID NOT GET ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE DRESS IN THE PICTURE.

• Mi
      May 24, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - Absolutely dreadful, stay away
    tidebuy.com

Absolutely dreadful, I will continue to fight my corner with them I am not prepared to throw away hard earn money on this rubbish, this mornings email they wanted me to take the dress outside to take pictures of it in daylight, they say its Lilac (thats what I ordered) and it is purple, they say its a UK size 14 and it wont go over my thighs and the jacket doesnt fit my ten yr old grandaughter, and as for the workmanship well dont think I have to say anything about that, I am not going to go away I will take this the whole road...

• Me
      Jun 01, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - This is the sort of rubbish you have to deal with
    tidebuy.com

THIS IS THE SORT OF RUBBISH YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH!!! AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Thank you for your email and sorry for any inconveniences that we brought to you.

We have submitted $25 to your paypal account, so would you please accept it and keep the dress? if you don't like the dress, you can send it to your friends or sisters, believe that they will appreciate your generous, or you can sell it.

But if you ask for a full refund, you should send the dress back, and so sorry to tell you that the shipping cost will be at your own cost according to our return and refund policy, I don't think it will be a good deal to you, please think about it, we really appreciate your kind understanding, thank you very much.

Jun 15, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - There is no returns policy
    tidebuy.com

Anyone considering purchasing through Tidebuy should steer well clear and avoid the stress and hassle of dresses that differ from the one that they order, not matching description or picture. I even ordered larger than necessary to be sure the dress would fit and it still did not. I requested a refund based on the fact that it was not as described or pictured but was told that I should feel sorry for whoever made it as they had tried their best and that I should try to have more understanding and try to like it! how ridiculous I The website states a returns policy, but believe me, there is no returns policy as you are either ignored or made to feel bad without ever actually getting what you want, your money back!

• Sm
      Jul 03, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - Do not buy a formal dress from Tidebuy
    tidebuy.com

Do not buy a formal dress from Tidebuy.!! the quality of workmanship is like a two-yr old made the dress and when you try to complain about it you're told "too bad " and that is if you can manage to communicate with them on their website which resets itself every few seconds so no matter what you try to message them. it does not go through!! I was not charged shipping costs..Thank God for something! Lesson learned. DO not buy from this company!!

• Vi
      Jul 25, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - Dress they sent me was very cheap looking and the zipper was very difficult to zip up
    tidebuy.com

This company is awful. I had a destination Wedding, but had an at home reception and I order a short white $#*!tail dress from this site. I got it and it was very cheap looking and the zipper was very difficult to zip up. It would zip but it was difficult because it would get stuck. I emailed to take it back because i don't think i should have paid $160 for a dress that's zipper is hard to zip, and they wouldn't take it back. So I decided to wear it since I paid so much for it, and I was ready to get dressed for my recpetion and I put the dress on and again i had it zipped and the zipper broke right before my recpetion so I didn't have a dress to wear. I emailed them pictures and they said the following:
    Due to your dress was custom handmade, little sewing issue is allowed. For freshly made zipper, this is a very common issue. We advice you to keep the beautiful dress which is specifically designed and handmade for you like no other dress in the world. Please note that we are not a re-seller, which means we don't have any products in stock. We are a manufacture that make your dress exactly according to your purchase request. All the dresses are custom make so we don't resell dresses. So return means all the energy and cost we have spent on the dress will be in vain.

• Vo
      Jul 31, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - Do not order from this company
    tidebuy.com

I ordered a wedding gown from this site. I ordered the size exactly per their instructions, but when I received the dress it did not fit properly and was way too long. I emailed them regarding the issues and they gave me the run around. They asked that I send in pictures of myself with a measuring tape showing various measurements. I did as they requested, but the pictures weren't good enough for them, so I resent, but still not good enough. I got tired of dealing with them and will just eat the cost of this dress and find another one. Do not order from this company.

• Ol
      Oct 30, 2012
    Tidebuy.com - It's impossible to get your money back
    tidebuy.com

I'm in tears. My wedding is a month away and my dress FINALLY came. The sizing is teriible (it doesn't fit at all), and the quality is so bad! It looks like my five year old nephew sewed the dress together. Actually, he might have done a better job. The shoulder straps are uneven. Visibly uneven. One is three inches bigger than the other. It's impossible to get your money back. :'( I don't know what to do. Stay away from this site!