Thompson Cigars / pleasant experience

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I just want to say that the experience that I had with Thompsons has been a pleasant one. I have ordered for my husband and never had any problems. I like what they are doing for the servicemen sending them cigars. The supervisor that I spoke to recently was very professionals and have treated me like family. We wanted to order some cigars for the troops and we connected to a Edward Noriega who was very pleasant and explained how the troops would receive the cigars. How wonderful that a company takes interest in our servicemen. Please continue the good work.

Comments

• Tt
      19th of Mar, 2009

I'm glad you had a good experience. Ironically, though the company does run promotions whereby cigars are sent overseas to servicemen, they have been in the process over the past few years of sending customer service and sales jobs overseas as well. Managers, such as the outstanding individual you spoke with; are regularly sent to the Phillipines to develop that call center at the expense of American workers in Tampa. This reliance upon foreign customer service workers saves the company plenty in wages and benefits, but also customers, as you'll notice reading other comments on this blog. Thompson Cigar tries to project the image of patriotism, but actually engages in rather unpatriotic outsourcing. Thanks.
    T. Timmons

• Ex
      26th of Jun, 2009

Robert Franzblau can spend fortunes on the ugliest paintings youve ever seen but cant afford to hire American Workers..Typical Republican Business Man. He must have inherited his money because he has no idea how to spend it responsibly.

Ex Slave

• Fr
      22nd of Jun, 2010

Thompson cigars gave out my charge card information to Passport to Fun Plus and Passport 2 Fun Plus. I got charge $14.95 on two different charge cards, two months in a row, if I didn’t call the bank to put a stop
    on my charge card I would be still paying that charge today.
    I call Passport to Fun Plus and was told that Thompson cigar sign me up for the service. you may want to check your account.