The Salvation Army USAdonation pickup (5/5/2017)

To whom it may concern:

Last week I called [protected] to schedule a donation pickup from my home located in Englewood, FL 34224. I spoke with a representative that let me know the next available pickup was Friday, May 5th, 2017. When I asked what time the pickup would be scheduled for, I was told that I would receive a phone call the day before, Thursday, and be notified of the pickup time.

I have a complete dining room set, a Hotpoint stove, a loveseat, and a coffee table to donate. All items are in good condition and working. All items would have sold quickly.

I waited for a phone call on Thursday, May 4th, 2017. I never received any form of contact from anyone representing the Salvation Army. Friday, I went about my day, I work, and assumed that there would be no pickup. At approximately 10:30 AM, I received a phone call from the [protected] phone number. The female representative I spoke with notified me that the pickup was scheduled sometime after lunch, again no definite time frame.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Englewood, FLI informed her that unfortunately since I hadn't heard from anyone on Thursday, I did not clear my schedule for any particular time and assumed that there wasn't going to be a pickup. I told her that the representative I had spoken with previously communicated to me that I would be contacted with further information regarding the time for the pickup on Thursday, the day before the pickup scheduled for Friday. She rudely cut me off and stated: "Oh no, the Salvation Army doesn't do that." I responded by saying that I cannot do the pickup today, my schedule was full. When I tried to reschedule by beginning a statement: "Is there anyway..", she cut me off again and said alright then bye!
I contacted the Salvation Army in good will, to donate items that are worth money, ones that I could sell myself if I wanted to. The way I was treated implied that the Salvation Army was doing me a favor by picking up my donation and that I should be grateful enough to accommodate their schedule. This is the last time I will attempt to make a donation to the Salvation Army due to the poor treatment I received. Last year, I donated a vehicle to Goodwill, they treated me with respect and we both compromised with our schedules until we were able to meet up and complete the pickup. I will be calling Goodwill for this donation as well, and all donations in the future.

Pg