The Salvation Army USA / customer service/store manager

Somerset, PA, United States Review updated:

To whom it may concern,

I have been shopping with salvation army for a few years now, and have spent probably thousands of dollars over that time. Been t most recently I have experiencing rather unpleasant, and quite in fact, down right rude customer service from most employees at this location no t most importantly, the stote MANAGER!
Usually when I shop there I tend to put items back where I found them because I've worked in retail for over 15 years and I know how stressful it can be to recover a store and put merchandise back where it was originally. But even so there were times where people don't. And its part of the job. That's part of a retail job description. But today unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush, and had put the items back in a empty cart some one left by the back where I was and was leaving. Upon doing so the manager very loudly says,
"I just love it when a customer thinks I have nothing else better to do, like they can't put back the stuff theirsleves instead of just leaving it where ever. How hard is that?"

So I proceeded to leave when again the manager comes towards the front a second time and says to the cashier up front,

"I don't know why people think they can just leave stuff all over the place and leave us to put everything back"

Now this is coming from the STORE MANAGER!! A person who is supposed to be a leader of a retailer establishment and provide an example of customer service. This was completely UNACCEPTABLE. And I have never experienced a more disrespectful member from a retailer in all my life! And unfortunately this is not the first time this has occurred.
I really think this should not go unnoticed. I am also going to contact up the chain of command as far as I can go. I should not, nor should ANY customer, be treated with such utter disrespect only because you are having a bad day, or you don't feel like doing your job. I will be looking forward to a response on this matter and as I said, I will be pursuing further until this situation is addressed & resolved. I appreciate your time and thank you for allowing me to submit my experience. I will not judge the store or chain itself on a disrespectful employee, so I will continue to shop there. However, if I experience any further unpleasant and unnecessary interaction with the manager at this location, I will shop elsewhere

John Melton

Jo
Oct 18, 2017

Comments

• Ti
      Oct 19, 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your concerns. We've discussed this with the manager and, while there are two sides to every story, none of our guests should be treated with anything but respect and appreciation for their support.

Thanks again for your comments and for your support of our mission.