The New York Times / consistent non-delivery
Isn't it amazing: that the great, venerated, heralded, exalted new york times manages to deliver saturday/sunday editions to its 7-day-a-week subscribers — but not to it's weekenders only?
For weeks, my newspaper on saturday/sunday has not been delivered. I have had to call to get replacement delivery. Half of the time, the replacement is never delivered. But: my immediate neighbors who are 7-dayers get their papers like clockwork.
Each week that I call, I get one of the following recorded excuses:
A) the paper is delayed due to weather (always when it is dry and sunny).
B) the carrier is en route. They never are.
C) the carrier is delayed (duh...!)
D) the carrier is "experiencing car trouble".
But today's took the cake:
'you will not be receiving delivery of your newspaper due to production difficulties. Your complaint is noted "But: these same" production difficulties" did not bar my 7-dayer neighbors from getting their papers!
I wa spromised re-delivery by 12:30.
Of course, as usual, it did not happen.
I called for a credit after spending $2.00 to buy the paper. I was given $1.32 in credit.
When I call, I either get your usual illiterate, cookaracha/bongo type of phone monkeys, or someone articulate but both blatantly dishonest and nasty.
We need to put a stop to this.
More The New York Times Complaints & Reviews
- New York Times delivery - consistently missed papers 
- New York Times Home Delivery - Ripped Off 
- New York Times Home Delivery - home delivery is terrible 
- New York Times Online - Did not issue refund 
- NEW YORK TIMES DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION - Early billing
- The New York Times Company - home delivery 7 day — downtown brooklyn
- The New York Times Company - nyt online app: some articles lack a "share" link
- The New York Times Company - digital subscription fraud
- The New York Times Company - palmer's raw shea body lotion
- The New York Times Company - home delivery