The National Holidays / new year in blackpool 3 nights

1 49 Holt Farm Close, Leeds, England, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Myself and 2 friends went on your 3 night New Year Blackpool trip. I asked the driver which hotel we were staying at and was told the Grand. We arrived at the Metropole which is a totally different hotel!!
When we got off the coach we were greeted by scaffolding all around the back of the hotel and which covered my bedroom window. This was not a good first impression. When we checked in at 12pm we were told the rooms would not be ready until 3pm. There wasn't anywhere to leave our cases securely so we had to sit in the hotel and wait which was a total waste of time.
We were on the 2nd floor so when we got out of the lift we had to go down a flight of stairs and then my friends had to go up another flight to get to there room. One of my friends is 83 years old and I have had a major operation recently so this was a real struggle and not acceptable.
The following day was a trip to Liverpool but we were told that we would be on the coach longer than in Liverpool so we didn't go. The people who did go said they were in Liverpool for an hour. Again this is not acceptable advertising this as an outing. Why didn't you take us to Liverpool on the way to Blackpool and then we could have had a reasonable time there and would not have had the wasted afternoon sitting in the hotel.
I must say that in the room the bed was clean and the bathroom was clean which is important. The food was also reasonable. Apart from that I cannot say that there is much going for this trip.

• Updated by Mary 92, Jan 13, 2019

Is anybody going to look at this complaint!!! It was submitted a week ago. Not very good customer service.

Ma