Telecheck / Not Accepting Good Checks

1 Freeport, IL, United States Review updated:

Way to go TeleCheck! Because of your "over 100 reasons" to reject a good check, I'm now banning any company that uses your service. I haven't had a single overdraft, I don't write excessive checks, and I have sufficient funds to cover my purchases at a grocery store. The cashier told me that it might be because I don't write enough checks there, which is equally as ridiculous as rejecting my attempts, now a second time! How can we possibly establish good standing if you reject good checks? Well...Sullivan's Grocery Store will no longer be receiving my business again because of your "over 100 reasons" to reject a good check. It's no wonder their isles are free from customers.

Comments

Wi
  7th of Aug, 2012

maybe this is a sign that its time to start using a debit card like 99.99999% of the rest of society?

Th
  7th of Aug, 2012

I've never had my debit card declined anywhere. Try getting one.

Br
  8th of Aug, 2012

Checks are an ace in the hiole where I'm from. The power goes out here several times a year, often for days, and with the debit, credit, & ATM machines & computers shut down, coupled with the fact not many people carry cash on them anymore, checks are a lifesaver at the pumps, grocery stores, and creditors.

Br
  8th of Aug, 2012

I live in a semi-rural to rural area. There is a station here that has a fully automatic, permanently installed generator system specifically for that use. Stations here have also been known to use also a 12v fuel transfer pump.
As for creditors, I was referring to bills due that because the power is out you could not pay online or by landline, so you whip a check off to them in the mail.