Teladoc / the worst service ever

This is the worst service ever. The people are mean, refuse to give medication so what is it good for? They are suppose to help you out if you have a flu bronchitis etc but they dont. We live in a rural area, with no urgent care, the woman that reply to my call was mean, said she could not prescribe without a chest xray and see me, so awful, well why would we call a telephone Dr, what are they useful for if they have to seeyou isnt it insane?
On top of it telling me to have someone drive me two hours to an urgent care on a saturday evening?
These people are worthless and dangerous because you rely on the service and they do not respond.

Ma
Mar 12, 2016

Comments

Mar 12, 2016

I will certainly let my insurance know because they pay for a service we do not receive. It used to be good two years ago but it went down the drain, they did prescribe shampoo for my hubby, s hair is insane

• Te
      Sep 14, 2016

My daughter called as she had strep throat. The dr. Who called referred her to urgent care. she is out of state and she just said she doesn't have a primary care physician when I called to express my displeasure I was told that the reason they sent an Urgent Care is because she does not have a primary care doctor this is a service that is promoted by the insurance company to keep people from going to the doctor because they lose too much time and work and they can just call the service and the doctor can call the prescription in over the phone what are correct they won't do thatdon't waste your money on this service

• Ti
      Feb 08, 2017

I see that I am not the only one who has had a bad experience(s) with Telecoc. This service was rolled out as an additional benefit and supplement to our existing health care plan. So far I have had 4 phone messages go unreturned, 2 emails offering 2 hour response have gone unanswered for 4 days (96 hours). Fortunately I did not have an immediate medical concern, rather I was looking for suggestions concerning local neurology care and facilities. Not sure if my company is yet aware of what they are receiving for the price that they are paying. We are due to complete surveys on this service next month, curious to see what our other associates experience has been.

Nov 23, 2018

After three failed attempts to set up a phone consultation with a doctor, the Teladoc staff finally were able to have a doctor get through to me. The Teladoc staff were great in terms of their efforts to help set up the visit. The problem was the service provided by the doctor responding to the consult request. It didn't take long to figure out this doctor was not fully engaged in listening to, or giving, any medical details. He gave short, quick statements, and stated several times, "I can't give you an answer to that over the phone, " and made references to me needing to see my local doctors more. It was painfully obvious he wanted to end the conversation quickly as possible. Too bad for my health insurance company...they don't know what poor service they are paying for. I would have been better off waiting for the return of my local Primary Care doctor from her holiday vacation.