TechSkills / Breach of Contract - Technical and Vocational School

On 1/07/2005, I enrolled at Techskills in Nashville, Tn. to take a medical billing/coding course, total amount was $6995. I decided 17 days later that I did not care or need the type of teaching in which they operated.

I needed a more classroom teaching and less online learning. Under the contract, according to the time frame in which I was enrolled, Techskills is to refund me 75% of the total tuition ($4050), minus $100 administrative fee. The difference amount of $6995 (which is for purchasing their software) and the tuition amount of $4050 is "ate up" immediately upon signing of the conctract and cannot ever be recovered. That amount comes to $2945, but since they already received $5100 from SLM 3 days after signing on with them, the amount they owe me is $1042.50. On 5/13/2005, Techskills sent a refund of $605.08 to SallieMae, but did not send the whole amount and still owe a refund of $437.42. I filed a complaint with the BBB last March, but the $437.42 has yet to be refunded, and it's now been 10 months. Techskills has falsely stated to the BBB that they sent a refund of $2937.50 to SallieMae ( which is not even the right amount) and SallieMae shows no record of receiving any refund of that amount. Techskills also cannot supply a date in which this refund was sent. I just wish that I had researched this school better before I enrolled and am having to pay a little over $4000 back to SLM for the loan. They also are not acredited with the Schools of Higher Education, which is important. Please check out these schools carefully before enrolling, and hopefully you will not have to go through the emotional and financial distress that I have had to endure with Techskills. DO NOT enroll in Techskills, for if you decide to withdraw from them, and you have paid to them any money, they WILL NOT send your refund to you if you're owed any at all.

Techskills is a RIPOFF! Since the BBB cannot recoup my money, I am going to have to seek legal advice and hire an attorney to get back $437.42.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      11th of Mar, 2010

please help. techskills took my money and just for no apparent reason they stopped my vendors exam and keep telling me its a corporate issue and they have no more vouchers for me. I was just about to graduate. why? why? are they doing this to me for nothing. i never missede days or fell behind. please help 7043078357

• Pe
      11th of Mar, 2010

Can anyone help with a lawyer?