TCF Bank / TCF takes advantage of their customers!
I am furious with this bank. I set up a savings account so that I would have emergency funds. When I set up the account I specifically asked if the funds from my savings would be move to checking to protect against NSF fees and I was told that it would. I found out later that this was a lie. The product they offer for overdraft protection is a separate service and you have to apply for it like a loan. Anyway I had two tragedies happen within 2 weeks. Two of my family members were killed in terrible car accidents and i had to leave town. Upon my return my father in law was hospitalized for open heart surgery and my father was also hospitalized. I also come home to overdraft notices from TCF bank. They charged me $300 in NSF fees. I had over $600 in my savings which would have been more then sufficient to cover the charges on the account avoiding the NSF fees. I went to the downtown branch and asked to speak to a manager. She was extremely rude to me and sneered as I told for about my recent tragedies.I asked why the bank would not adopt the practice of many other banks as it pertained to savings accounts protecting checking accounts. She said that customers would be upset if the bank transfered funds from one account to other without the customers knowledge. I said you honestly think someone would be upset that you saved them from $300 in NSF fees? Yes, she replied. It is obvious that this bank uses NSF fees to take advantage of people who are having difficulties. Why else would they not allow an automatic transfer to cover a checking account. I was out of town with no internet access and no cell phone access. Needless to say that was the last thing on my mind when I was trying to bury a family member. This bank had no problem taking money from someone in a dyer situation.
More TCF Bank Complaints & Reviews
- TCF Bank - Hold on cash deposit 
- TCF Bank - Worst customer service ever 
- TCF Bank - TCF to pay in class-action 
- TCF Bank - Fraud and Customer Service 
- TCF Bank - It is a big fraud 
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - dishonest and unethical business services
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - tcf bank closed my account with no notifications
- TCF Bank - poor management of my checking account
- TCF Bank - mortgage balloon, mortgage modification
- TCF Bank - checking and savings account.