Tarps Plus / Poor service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Ordered two tarps from company, never got confirmation of shipping - after contacting them repeatedly, was told the item was out of stock. I had already been charged, so I asked for a refund. Had to speak to three people, and almost two months later, I still do not have my money back. I have submitted a formal complaint through the BBB.

Comments

• Pi
      12th of Jun, 2009

Ordered a 40x40 tarp...website states tarp may be 6" to 2% smaller than actual size (at the end of several paragraphs). Well tarp is more than 2% smaller and they have passed me from person to person and all of them saying they will not send me the size tarp that I needed. They will try to stick you...better watch out !

5th of Aug, 2009

I have been buying product from TARPSPLUS for 5 years now and I love their service, The staff knows me when I call to place orders and I have nothing bad to say. Although about the hold on credit cards that's the bank that does it It's not the company. I see that often when I purchase things that cant be delivered the same or next day like some merchandise at tarpsplus. Overall I have to disagree with this complaint.

• Ta
      13th of Mar, 2010

TarpsPlus is a bogus company. Placed an order online for a flame ###ant canvas tarp. I requested information about the chemical product used in their tarps because of an article in the LA Times about flame ###ant products being harmful to your health. When asked TarpPlus to provide the chemical components of the fire ###ant, they said that they would get back to me. When they didn't, I called and sent an email to cancel that order and replace it with a regular canvas tarp, but a few days later, the flame ###ant tarp was delivered. When I requested a canvas tarp, they said that I must first return the one I had. I then asked that they pay for the return shipping as well as original shipping which they declined. I requested that they credit my charge account, they refused, and said that I now have an online credit for another tarp, which I have not done due to extremely distrustful service. Wells Fargo, a bank that I have been with for over 30 years, declined to do anything about it, even though this is the first customer complaint that I ever placed.

Does anyone know what consumers may do to put TarpsPlus out of business and their owner behind bars for fraudulent business practices?