Swinton Insurance / illegal bank withdrawals
i just wondered if anyone else had ever had problems with swinton insurance.
i recently canceled a policy with swinton insurance for my car as i no longer use it and was told for 11 days insurance i had to pay £176.04 which i refused to pay as i thought it was way to much.
when i set up the policy over a year ago i used my debit card to make the payment and obviously gave the long number off the card, my expiry date and the 3 digit security number off the back of the card...i have now found out that swinton record all your card details.
i had canceled my direct debit so they could no longer take payments as my policy was now no longer needed but without my permission swinton used to my card details to take the £176.04 from my bank without my permission.
i checked with my bank who said the payment was either a telephone or internet transaction...i never made that payment so they illegally took money from my account.
surely if you owed a company money they should pursue you the right way...either through a debt collector or the small claims court so then at least you can dispute the money owed...well with swinton they just help themselves so beware if you have made a card payment at swintons they record all your card details and use it as they please.
if anyone has had similar issues let me know.
i am at the minute in contact with the trading standards office and the insurance ombudsman about swinton who i think have acted illegally.
More Swinton Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Swinton Insurance - bad service 
- Swinton Car Insurance - fraud and scam 
- Swinton Insurance - silent calls 
- Swinton Insurance - extra charges for their mistakes 
- Swinton Insurance - withholding no claims certificate
- Swinton Car Insurance - they owe me bank charges back and have not yet recieved them.
- Swinton Insurance Eltham Branch - continual problems + poor service
- Swinton Insurance - expensive insurance and bad customer service 
- Swinton Car Insurance - overcharging 
- Swinton Car Insurance - watch out