Sweepstakes Clearing House / misrepresentation

1 1555 REGAL ROWDallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-915-7100

This Company has sent m unsolicited an offering of various products with a $ 400.00 Voucher to be applied to each product.

I have sent five emails asking legitimate questions with no answer today I spoke to an agent after hours of waiting. He refused to answer my questions:

The flyer claims that the Camcorder offer for sale was advertised in POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY MAGAZINE. He refused to give me the issue or furnish me with information where I could find the review. According the the magazine, there never was a review.

The flyer does not mention a) Brand name b) Country or Origin ( China ) or whether there is a warranty.

Do you believe that these people are real? RSVP and many thanks Peter

Pe

Comments

1st of Oct, 2008

I got the same vouchers. Pure scam !!! I reported them to the proper authorities. These scamming places need to be shut down. I might be young but I got smarts and friends. Tip for the future, ( not trying to be mean) if they don't give you a toll free # to call it's most likely not real.

• Mo
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Scam !!

• Me
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I also received the vouchers to buy the laptop and all the other items. I am so happy that I decided to check it out before I ordered. I have also been receiving letters saying I am a winner in a sweepstake and to send $4.99, $19.99 and one ask for a even $20.00. The more I read these I think in so many words they are saying you may be a winner and they will send you a report of the winners. But they make you think you are a winner and that this is a processing fee. But a true winner will never be ask for any money. Just please beware.

12th of Apr, 2011
    SWEEPSTAKES CLEARING HOUSE - financial
    151 Hartsdale Rd.
    Rochester
    New York
    Phone: 585-831-6089
    sdeveans@yahoo.com

i've made two payments of $40.00 each and the recording says i've only paid $76.00. Then i'm being charged as of 4-9-2011, $10.00. I don't know what for. I've tried to call numerous times but am getting tired of hearing that the service is temporary not in service. Bull!
    I'd like to stop this nonsense and get on with matters at hand but if you can't get the financial aspect of it down straight, I guess I can't expect to receive my merchandise ant time soon either. Right? Please advise, unless, of course, you're temporarily not available either.

• Te
      13th of Feb, 2012
    SWEEPSTAKES CLEARING HOUSE - Taking advantage of customers
    SweepStakes Clearing House

I have 5 layaway accounts with this company from last year they stop sending me statement. So i went on line and pull up my accounts show that this month i will finish pay for two accounts. In May when i call customer service to verify it these crooks telling me that i still owes same amount from January.Then they tell me they haven't recieve no money order for Feb & Apr but you the good new i call Western Union and give them the11digit serial number off the right side of m.o. receipt. They told me the dates the two m.o.was cash 2-16-11/4-12-11 i had to pay $15.00 dollars each for copies showing they cash the m.o.

They're liars, i am going to get rid of them by paying off my accounts and close.I don't need this stress I'll find another company to buy stuff for my kids.Your earliest response will be appreciated. You need to investigate this company because I know it's more victims out there. This company, it's so wrong steal from your own customers you need to go on [redacted] & angry consumer and you will see i'm not the only victim.Please stop these criminals, it's not fear to tax payers.I hope you shut them down with the junks that when stop working the warranty is pass due so you have to fix it out of your own pocket.

• Ti
      8th of Jun, 2016

I received a mailing from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse and knew I had not entered a sweepstakes/contest. Having some time I looked up the company and found a number to call to ask what contest I entered to get this award they said they get lists -- whatever that means. The customer service rep was evasive, and had no answer. I asked additional questions about the laptop computer and wanted a definition of refurbished which they list in the brief description. I was told it was 100% rebuilt and looked like new. I also asked about the Corel Office suite and they just said it was just like Microsoft Office (which of course it is not). I wonder why the state of Texas has not put them on notice.