Supercuts / racist staff!

I would like to report about racist staff at this location. When I (Indian) walked in, I was told I am next. I waited over an hour only to see all other walk-in's getting their hair cut. If I ask, they will say I am next. After a while I told them to take away my name and walked out. One person came running out making racial comments and saying "Do you have a [censored]ING problem" in front of the whole crowd. She also warned me not to come to her store again. This is not the first time this happened at this location. For Indians they mark the tickets orange/red and keep them waiting for hours until they leave. If asked why, they will say they made appointments. All lies. Even walk-ins gets hair cut. Not us.

Thanks,

1297 CENNTENNIAL AVE
PISCATAWAY, NJ [protected]
[protected]

Ch

Comments

• Ga
      21st of May, 2007

On May 5, I went to the Supercuts on Sir Barton Way, in Lexington KY. I went to get my hair cut. My roots were starting to show through so I decided to go ahead and get my hair "colored". The color was a medium blonde. As I was sitting in the chair when we were finished, I pointed out that it didn't appear to have covered my roots.

The stylus, if you want to call her that, said, AND I QUOTE, Oh, no problem, when you're completely dry, it'll all blend in. Well, I took her word for it and said ok.

Today, two weeks layer I have no color at all on my roots. I called Supercuts and they said that I was told they couldn't do anything after 10 days of the service. I WAS NOT TOLD THAT. I even told them on the phone again that while in the chair it didn't cover. WELL, guess what? The girl that did my hair (BRANDY) was in the background while I was speaking w/ the asst magr. (KELLY). Brandy denies that I said that! I could hear her yapping and telling the asst. mgr. that I was lying!

Come to find out, they didn't even use a permanent color!!! I even gave the stylus a 10 dollar tip. You know what they said ??? If you were unhappy, why did you tip he that much? OMG! I said because I trusted you guys, that's why.
    I should have known better than to go there, this wasn't my first bad experience w/ Supercuts.

Please beware of Supercuts on Sir Barton Way In Lexington, KY!!! Especially w/ the stylus named Brandy and the asst. mgr. named Kelly.

I am so pissed that I can't hardly write. I can not believe that they have such non respective employees! Calling me a liar! And saying they told about their "Company Policy " after 10 days. (In which they DIDN'T).

Oh yeah, they said that they tell everyone about the 10 day thing because they have to. That's why they know they told me.

P L E A S E B E W A R E O F T H I S S H O P!!!

SUPERCUTS
    2337 SIR BARTON WAY
    LEXINGTON, KY

Gail A.

22nd of Dec, 2007

I must comment on the post from Chakri

"SuperCuts - Piscataway, NJ , Racist Staff"

I strongly disagree with everything this individual has posted. If anyone is familliar with the Supercuts location on Centennial, and have been there, you will notice RIGHT AWAY that 75% of everyone sitting around you is Indian. That being said, it is a retty absurd notion that the staff would be racist of 75% of their clientel.

Without exeption, every visit I have made to this location (which has been every month for the past 3 years) there are usually at least 6 or 7 Indian / South Asian customers and NEVER have I witnessed any situation that would seem even remotely racist. It sounds to me that the person who posted this has been put through what any Supercuts customer has been put through, the fact that most locals have caught on that if you call in your name, it bumps you up ahead on the list of who gets the first cut. They look as if they are walk-ins but these people have called. There have been numerous times that I sat and waited as I watched families (Indian families) of 5 or more show up and each of them goes before me because they called ahead while they were shopping in Walmart.

It is frustrating , but nothing annoys me more than when people pull the racist card as a means to get back at a business which annoyed them.

My advice, GROW UP, and get your haircut elsewhere if you are pissed off with having to wait. To also accuse this business of appropriating Indians with Orange and Red stickers is not only retarted, but it is very childish of you to imply.

Get a life. And if you learn nothing from your experience, take into consideration Supercuts low prices and realize you get what you pay for.

Rob.

• Al
      5th of May, 2008

Supercuts is anything but super. I took my 4 boys ages 8, 6, 3, and 2. My wife and I wanted to try the place in Saugus Massachusetts instead of driving farther to Snip It's. We started with the 2 year old, I can send you a picture, it was horrible. It was as if you had cut it with a knife. The 3 year old's hair was also uneven but was much worse. When I asked the barber to fix the sides near his temple, she said that she could not do it. I understand that he was very active in the chair and crying but we did ask the host (that was more concerned about her nails than pay any attention to the customers) prior to the cut if her staff can do such young kids. She said "Oh Sure" but both haircuts were a disaster. Needless to say, I ended up fixing the 3 year old's hair at Snip It's and did not allow Supercuts to cut the remaining kid's hair. They also did not offer neither to fix the cut nor refund the $14.95 they charged each child, but had the nerve to ask for a tip!!!

In the end, It cost me $80.00 to cut 4 kids hair because I had made a poor decision to enter Supercuts. This happened on Saturday May, 3 2008. I strongly advice against going to Supercuts unless you want you kids to be the poster child for jokes in school.

• Mi
      15th of Sep, 2008

I think you're a little on edge. The reason people were coming in ahead of you was because they called in and when that happens you're name is written down right away. They use colors to determine what kind of cut/wash/treatment to your hair... Please don't even try to suggest that they're putting marks on your name because you're Indian... you aren't clever and aren't fooling anyone by crying wolf over a few people jumping ahead of you because they called in first.

You're only asking to be frustrated if you're walking in without calling up. You yourself need to be careful waving that word around because there aren't many people, especially in this area of New Jersey, that are racist towards Indian people. This area has had a very big Indian population for a while and everyone I know is very welcoming.

People like this throwing allegations like this have their own issues... keep them to yourself. The people at SuperCuts are not like that and you are severely misinformed.

• Me
      17th of Nov, 2009

In regard to Piscataway, NJ - Supercuts
    I don't know if I'd call them racist. I think if the person said something racial then I'd call it racism. Sounds like she didn't like your attitude. I don't doubt that the store doesn't care for Indians. I went in their with my husband and son. We wanted to get his hair professionally cut. We weren't exactly greeted with all smiles but I think that typical of NJ. We had to wait too. We waited about 30minutes and my son (11months at the time) couldn't sit still any longer. So we took our name off the list and left. No drama. I do remember thinking that we didn't get waited on because we had a toddler - not because we were Indian. Honestly I don't know. I was born and raised in this country. I speak clear English and I know I was polite and friendly toward everyone. I think that most people from other countries ( India included) are rude and honestly haven't learned the culture here. My husband put it best, people in New Jersey don't like you at first until they get to know you, period. He was raised in Newark, NJ. People from other states are friendly toward everyone and like anyone, including strangers. I moved to NJ 5 years ago and I think there are some serious problems with most here. Maybe because of the highly stressful environment.
    My advice, don't go there again and give your business to people who want it. There are tons of Indian salons in the area now. Good luck!

• La
      14th of Feb, 2010

Supercuts is a nightmare to work for also people. They have such a high turn over that they have to scour hair dressing schools for staff. I have been cutting hair for fifteen years, and I was left on the floor on a busy friday night with a little miss thang, who hadnt even finished barbering class, why was she hired? because the regional supervisor June Armstrong told me that men would keep coming back to her because she was young and pretty.
    Let me tell you the men I saw come through were not impressed with this idiot child who could not even give a simple buzz cut without leaving huge patches behind, would stop cutting mid way to answer her cell phone.
    I saw some one above complain about colour, we were informed that the colour wouldnt cover greys, but we were told to basicly lie to clients and say it would "blend" it in, for a natural look.
    and to the people who say supercuts isnt racist? maybe individual stylists vary, but the corporation has a long legal history of accused racism.
    The actual corporation was sued for deliberatly not hiring or promoting black stylists within the chain.
    and they lost.
    All I can say to people who go there and are unpleased, you get what you pay for in a hairdresser, places like supercuts are like fast food chains, cheap fast and not very good.

20th of Mar, 2010

Worst service ever. These people constantly ask you to buy their products and will constantly hag you. For an 8 min haircut the total was 15.95 and they did not even gel my hair. I put down 1 dollar tip on the credit card form and the b**** says "leave it as zero, leave it as zero and mumbles to her co-worker im so cheap, he's so cheap i told him to jus put zero" Supercuts do me a favor and go [censored] yourself

20th of Mar, 2010

These people are racist towards indians

• Cl
      21st of Sep, 2010

I worked for supercuts and agree that they are racist. The area store that I am trying to get a job in all have Mexican and one black girl working. I am a blond American girl.
    The store that I worked in years ago forced me to lie about my age because I do not look like I am in my 40's.
    I would like for the corporation to go into their own stores to work under cover.
    I bet that they don't even know what goes on in their own stores.
    When I worked in the store I was the only one that would cut black peoples hair because the other girls refused.
    If I complained about their behavior I was accused of being menopausal. It is a good place to work and there is money to be made there as a stylist.
    LETTER TO CORPORATE: GO UNDER COVER AND WORK YOUR OWN STORES.
    SEND A WHITE GIRL THAT IS NOT 18, SHE WONT GET HIRED

• Be
      11th of Oct, 2010

On occasion, I have had problems with people walking in, and getting taken care ahead of me at the Edison, New Jersey location to the point where I just got up, and walked out. However, a year later, I found the Piscataway, New Jersey location, and decided to try it out. I was happy that I did. Although a few different people have cut my hair at this location, and did a nice job, one girl in particular cuts my hair exactly to my liking. Stop in, ask for Paula, and explain what you need in the way of hair cuts, dye jobs, tinting, whatever, and you'll be well taken care of by one of the best people there. She's polite, very meticulous in her work, and sees to it that your completely happy with the job before you leave.

• Er
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Supercuts - Hair coloring
    Miami
    Florida

Now twice while having my colored
    They have ruined now two shirts . They got the hair dye on the back of my shirts
    Big stains now

I need to be paid to replace these shirts .

It was in aventura Fl at the promonade
    Location.

Please let know you've plan to reinbure me

• Br
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Supercuts - I was overcharged.
    Centereach new york

This place has overcharged me. They charged me $58 for a deep conditioning treatment and a blow out. A deep conditioning treatment is listed at $12.50. How is a blow out $45.50??! Impossible. Not going back to this place.

• Al
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Supercuts - Turned away from Service
    Torrance
    California
    supercuts.com

I was turned away from service at this Supercuts store where there was still enough time for me to be seen. I came in to this store approximately at 8:00pm and the store closed at 9pm.

1790 W Carson St Ste C,
    Torrance, CA 90501

• Br
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Supercuts - Terrible haircut
    Tucson
    Arizona

I honestly can’t believe this girl at supercuts effed up my bangs. she did them so crooked and VERY uneven. there’s all sorts of my hair that were cut off to make “bangs” i will never shop here again, and i will make a PA telling my friends and family to never go.

22nd of Oct, 2018
    Supercuts - your collection agency
    Denver
    Colorado

i had a 15 dollar haircut and my wife bounced are account as usual
    sometimes i got a second notice and i had not acted on colorado
    time I was charged 500 .00 to clear it I paid it it was outrageous for 15$
    i think thats overkill I will and never have come back
    mrcp500@yahoo.com

• Da
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Supercuts - Employees
    Buffalo
    New York

I work in a plaza that contains Supercuts is located in and the employees are constantly outside smoking, talking and on their phones for long periods of time. I feel that that is very unprofessional and on top of them just standing around they come into the Tim Horton's that is inside the plaza and kill more time.