Sun Valley Animal Shelter / Horrible Experiance

1 AZ, United States

I wanted to let you know of an experience that I had on a beautiful Saturday afternoon at Sun Valley Animal Shelter. Coming in with my two children ages 2 and 3 we were greeted promptly by a very nice man (I wish I recalled his name) and was given two coloring books for my little ones. We were guided back to view the dogs that were able to be adopted at the shelter. Once we were back there for about 20 minutes trying to figure out which dog to see first (since there were several that seemed GREAT) we were told by a not so kind lady named Doris (funny how I remember her name). She informed me that because I have two children that there where no dogs in the shelter for us to adopt at this time. I found this rather odd since my two babies had their hands in the gates with several of the clam dogs at the shelter. We were not even given the opportunity to see how the dogs would interact with the children. I have been told by that organization that it is best to bring your children in so there can be interaction and make sure the dog is a good fit for my family. If I would have know that I would be discriminated against because I have children I would have never come to that specific shelter in the first place. I am obviously very offended by the way my family was treated. Doris could easily see how upset my children where as they where crying out the door. I would have to say I was so angry and can't believe that I was discriminated against for having small children. I would like to say I will never recommend this shelter to a person again. I will also never donate money to this facility again. I have never been able to donate much since I am not rich but I have always tried due to the fact I thought that this was a great organization...I was mistaking.

Ro