Sun Communities / my water bill and flooding

1 Ann Arbor, MI, United States

I have lived in Scio Farms estates since Dec 2008. Springtime 2009 is when I started complaining about the flooding on my lot. The flooding has gotten worse. I have lost trees and flowers and somewhere down there landscape rocks. This community has gone thru a number of site managers. The manager we have now has a lot on her as she is taking cars of 2 properties. That being said I am tired of the flooding problem being swept under the rug. In june of this past year my household dropped in half but my water bill keeps rising. In January I was given a credit of about $50 on my water bill with the understanding that my water meter would be changed. I was informed by Angela that my meter was changed on Jan. 11. On Jan. 29th I got my water bill in with a read date of Jan. 3rd on it and it was high still. So I called and asked the office to put a work order in to have my meter read. My mindset was it had been 2 weeks since tge meter change take the number and double it and if it was anywhere close to what I was being charged, I would figure it out on my end. I was told the maintenance man would need access to my home to inspect my inside plumbing which i granted. The maintenance man pulled up read my meter and left. So I called the office. I was told he couldn't make it over because of other obligations in the park and that he would be over on Jan. 30th. I waited until 2pm and I called to see what was going on. They said he came over and that read my meter and that it went from 355 to 357 so it was working. This prompted the question from me on whether they set the new meter at 0. The maintenance man was walking in about that time and when questioned he responded that he never changed the meter, which was the agreement originally. I asked to speak with the manager. Upon speaking to her I was informed that a contractor would have to change my meter. A contractor by the name of JL Warner was here on Feb. 1st and changed my meter. Rent is due today and I cant seem to make contact with the manager. after leaving a couple of messages for her and a sour taste in my mouth because she told me she would contact me today regarding all of this I am now writing you. The lot rent keeps going up. My lot feels like a swamp even when its dry outside. You can feel the water moving under my concrete driveway. My water bill keeps going up and the service and roads around her keeps getting worse. This has got me ready to move. Something has to give! Please contact me [protected]. Thank you.

Th