Summer Bay Resorts / Awful experience

United States Review updated:

First let me say that I did not stay at the resort. I have tried to cancel due to all of the lies that I fell for but have been given the complete runaround. I was told that I had won this trip. It was offered to me when I signed up with Direct TV. I was smart enough to realize that I had not won, because I never entered. I knew it was a time share and was 100% okay with that. I've done one before and I know the drill. You put up with pushy sales people for a short time, but if you can deal with it you get a cheap or free vacation.

What was sold to me: 4 days/3 nts. in Orlando, FL. I was then given a beautiful spiel about how beautiful Summer Bay was and that I would enjoy this and that and all of the ammenities. I was told about the fantastic rooms. I would also get 2 adult, 2 day passes to Disney. I would get 3 days/2 nts. in Daytona Beach, 2 Free Nascar tickets or a $50 dinner card. Then came the Bahamas. I was told that I would take a roundtrip cruise to the Bahamas and stay 3 days, 2 nights at the Taino Beach Flamingo Bay and then head back to Florida to end my vacation. I was told to go to summerbayresort.com and tainobeach.com. I had just moved, so unfortunately I did not have my internet up yet. If I had, I would have googled it and it would have proven a scam immediately. I confirmed and reconfirmed and was told all I had to pay for was $248 for the 2 Disney Tickets, Port Charges for the cruise and hotel tax. I kept asking about other charges and I was told there were NO OTHER CHAR

GES!!!

I was not told there was a 7 day cancellation period, so I took my time going to the site. When I went there, I realized I'd been had!

The catch/What I got:

There is a $15 per night fee

There is another $7 per night fee

I pay hotel taxes.

The cruise is not payed for, I pay for that which is around $180 per person.

The biggie, I don't even stay at Summer Bay. I stay at a Holiday Inn or similar hotel which is a "Summer Bay Resort" I just go to the resort for the presentation. When I mentioned that later I was told that I could pay $80 per night to upgrade.

I originally set up a payment plan for the $248. I paid $100 on the 1st date and set up for the remaining $148 to come out at a later date after I got paid. They drafted it 12 days early. I now have over $300 in overdraft fees from stupid little purchases because I did not expect the $ to come out yet.

I called and spoke to a Reservations person and she said and I quote "I hate the sales people they are so f*$#ing Ugh!" I was floored. I was told I would have to talk to Quality Assurance who was not willing to budge. Don't fall for it!

If I had this kind of money, I would have booked a vacation where I did not have to deal with a timeshare. Now that I'm out $248+$300 in overdraft fees, there will be no vacation for us this year and I'm definately not going to give Summer Bay another dime!!!
Va

The catch/What I got:
There is a $15 per night fee
There is another $7 per night fee
I pay hotel taxes.
The cruise is not payed for, I pay for that which is around $180 per person.

Al
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Hello people!
I NEED HELP! I live in Germany..
I won in Internet 3000 dollar.. The number I called was in Orlando, Florida-"Summar Bay Resorts". They offer me a vacation pack for 4 pers. This vacation gonna cost me like 3898 US dollar. The balance is still 898 dollar, which I have to pay per credit card. I asked which guarantie did I have? The lady said, that they will send me everything home after 2 weeks and when I pay, she will give me a cod & talk something about proove for the tickets.
I have to give them answer tomorrow and after what I read here, I´m still not sure.. Please, if somebody read this here, now, today, give me a quick answer. I gonna be very happy for any answer and thankfull for help.

Nice greetings.. and thanks..
Alea