Suburban Propane / Billing

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Purchased home in July '08. Was told 76 gallons of propane in the tank was included in this sale. Suburban filled this tank in August, 2008, 33 gallons. I was billed for the 76 gallons in the tank in August. I was then billed for the 33 gallons in September. The August bill was for 76 gallons. The September bill was for 33 gallons delivered in August. They included a late fee with this bill in September, even though I never saw a bill for the 33 gallons. I rec'd a 55 gallon delivery on September 20th as well. I spoke with costumer service several times to inquire why my bill was so high, after several phone calls; I was told the seller was refunded the money for the 76 gallons. I was encouraged to go on a budget by this rep. It was October 15th. I agreed, paid my 55 gallon bill of $199 and was told the budget would be $95/month. I rec'd another bill for $95, for September - October. I called customer service again, they told me this $95 bill was from 10/15 until 10/20 for the budget plan. They're billing cycle begins on the 20th every month, they refuse to prorate it and they refuse to credit my payment for the September 20th delivery toward the budget. This company is double dipping, charging me twice for the exact same propane. Use any other company for your propane needs. This company does not explain their billing policies, their customer service reps lie, and they refuse to correct their mistakes. It is unacceptable with the premium people are paying for petroleum products, the oil companies record profits thatthese companies would have to rip their customers off the way they ripped me off. I'm switching to electric, they lost my business and I hope they go bankrupt.

Jo

Comments

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2009

Many Weights and Measures throughout United States have adopted NCWM/NIST handbook 44 which is a regulation accepted by regulatory officials for enforcement of consumer complaints. Under Section 3.32, sub paragraph UR.2.5. Ticket in Printing Device. – A ticket shall not be inserted into a device equipped with a ticket printer until immediately before a delivery is begun, and in no case shall a ticket be in the device when the vehicle is in motion while on a public street, highway, or thoroughfare.
    UR.2.6. Ticket Printer; Customer Ticket. – Vehicle-mounted metering systems shall be equipped with a ticket
    printer. The ticket printer shall be used for all sales; a copy of the ticket issued by the device shall be left with the customer at the time of delivery or as otherwise specified by the customer.

I would expect they would show you copy of the invoice from the truck deliveries to validate the truth of the delivery, otherwise you may have a valid complaint.

15th of Feb, 2011

Just got my (leased) tank filled today. $5.99.gallon! from Suburban Propane. According to what I read as national average(s), this is twice that price. They pulled this on me in October 2009. When I complained, they compromised by offering me 1 year @ $2.80/gallon. I agreed, and initially had some billing issues, but after a few calls to billing, they honored the agreement. I had called a competitor, who sold propane at that time for about $2.60. I was tempted to switch from Suburban to that competitor. Now, it’s back to $5.99 again. NOTE: I’m not shopping to save every last penny, ….I don’t mind if Suburban is a larger company with higher overhead, thus needs to charge a little more, but I’m not paying 100%+ more. You can bet I’ll be calling around again!

• To
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Suburban Propane - speeding, showing off

Speeding at a little league game, Madison maine, Suburban propane service truck, white with a crane in the rear. Blahh what a idiot! Alot of children in the lot at this time. People have mentioned this to him before, He told us it has a big engine?

28th of Aug, 2018
    Suburban Propane - Price gauging
    Brattleboro
    Vermont
    Feelthebarn@gmail.com

We are a commercial operation and use over 5000 gallons of propane a year. Suburban has been over charging us at over $4.00 a gallon. I checked and was told by another Suburban that $2, 29 was the price at that level. They told me they would fix things going forward but no credit for the overcharged billing.

• Je
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Suburban Propane - cancelling service
    York
    Pennsylvania

Bought business 2 years ago kept Suburban Propane because they were already there, never signed contract. Want to cancel and they won't let me use my propane I paid for!, they want to steal it and charge me a 1.00 per gallon restocking fee. I don't want to return it so why are they charging me?