Suburban PropaneMade up charges

My husband and I live near Lake Don Pedro, Ca. Recently we ran out of propane. Our tank is located in a spot that is 30 yards from our home and down a steep hill, it can be accessed from another driveway. We both have limited mobility due to knee, and back injuries, and old age, so we have a hard time checking on the tank levels. Previously we would just call if we ran out of propane, and it would be delivered within a couple of days. When this happened a few days ago I called suburban, and they said they could deliver. We always pay up front. I asked what the price would be, and was told $2.79 per gal. The next day we drove the 35 miles to the nearest office(where we always do business) and paid for 100 gal. of propane which came to a whooping $379.00. when I asked why, it was $3.79, i was told it was because we had let the tank run out, and they would have to inspect it.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Jamestown, CA Well our tank has run out before, and never were we charged an extra $1 per gal., of course they hadn't done anything but fill it before either. We are on a limited budget, and cannot afford to pay an extra $1/gal. We canceled service with them, and told them to come out and pick up their tank. We had to arrange for a new one to be set and a new service. After we had finished our other business in town, we went back to the Suburban office just to clarify what had happened, and they said that we were not charged for anything because of our negligence, and that the going rate of $3.79/gal. was what we were quoted. Another lie, we signed with another company with an intro rate of $1.59 and they said after the first fill, the going rate would $2.79/gal. the same rate as the quote from suburban i had gotten on the phone. Something doesn't add up, this suburban office should be investigated for fraud. It is located in Jamestown Ca.

Jo
Jan 28, 2017

Comments

Feb 01, 2017

They are the highest priced in the Sonora area. Their customer service is not the best & they make numerous mistakes reading the meters. I am trying to change companies right now but am having a very hard time... Not a happy customer.