Suburban Propane / Lp Gas / Overcharges

1 SC, United States

This company operates in the southeastern US and I am not sure where else. But I am sure of a few things per my conversations with these people, which are as follows; they are an unregulated industry which means no one from any government agencies watch them to see if they are operating in an ethical manner; as such they are allowed to charge whatever they please for their product; they are basically a legal monopoly; and last but not least, if you use this company beware. Watch your bill and talk to other such companies to find out if you are being overcharged by this one. When you speak to other propane suppliers to ask of their current pricing, you have to tell them that you do not want their introductory rate but the current price of propane that they are charging their current customers. This product does fluctuate in price. But when I investigated my family's charges last winter I found that other companies in the area were charging half as much as this company. Thats right 50% less. The way I see it, people should be warned!