Subaru Tribeca 2008 / hesitation problem since new

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

Have had a 2008 Subaru Tribeca since new. Since I took delivery, I have had a problem with it hesitating when climbing a slight grade or as when passing another vehicle.
I feels as though the engine is misfiring, although I was assured by the technicians that this was not the case. The problem, I was advised, was in the transmission. They have remapped the transmission computer, changed out two torque converters, and performed a myriad of other tests. The technician insists the problem remains, and indeed, I notice it daily. Subaru Canada advises that (in spite of the technicians comments to the contrary) the vehicle has no problem, and what I notice cannot be fixed. Basically what they are doing is calling the technician, his boss and me liars.
Subaru Customer Service will not answer my calls to date. Nor did they answer my emails and registered letters.
Sad. I bought this car because of their reputation. However, now they have lost me as a customer as they have anyone to whom I have expressed my views.

Comments

• Re
      16th of Feb, 2015

I have the exact same problem. I plugged in the scanner and no codes. My opinion is not the transmission. I think it is in the computer or throttle body. I have had the car for 4 years now and always the same. It has not let me down but is very concerning.

• Cc
      17th of Aug, 2017

@renorover Hey I just saw this now I've been having some problems with dealing with my local Subaru dealership. Really Who knows our car more than we do because we drive it daily than for some Tech whos behind Subaru and reads the Computer screen; maybe test drove our car around the block for 4 min puts a checkmark on their sheet. Every Subaru Dealership Service has a *** MASTER TECHNICIAN**** which he's hardcore super knowledgeable comparable to Apple Master Tech Know it All. Somehow I lucked out and met the Master Tech once he gave me the 411 Insights and he said I can asked for him any time; which I did, the Service Dept refused to let me speak to him!!
    Subaru Canada - No Offence!! Don't Waste your time on them I called them regarding a Warranty Help they refused to step in Useless. I have to file a complaint on my Dealership Re: something they said which they denied now of course ... It seems like if you are from Canada. Please file your Subaru Dealership Complaints with AMVIC which is for Alberta. Here is the link for BC: https://mvsabc.com/ There is one for Ontario.. Do something about it and write it on Google + there's lots more Subaru Drivers now on G+ reading reviews on Dealerships. Warns me to stay away that's for sure!! I get my friend's to fixed my car now