Strutmasters.com / Stay away from strumasters - air suspension conversion

CA, United States Review updated:

After installing kit front end was sitting on bumps stops
(very low).Contacted Strutmasters, after being run around to 7 different people and never having any of them return my calls it took over a month to finally get them to send another set of front struts. Then they wanted me to pay shipping for replacements and for ones being returned.
When I got new ones we found out they had sent me incorrect struts in the first place.
The kit is very cheaply built and their customer service is the absolute worst, I also found that they for some unexplained reason charged me an additional $250.00 that we are still arguing about because they say that they didn't but my credit card bill says they did. Legal action may be needed to correct this so watch out for Strutmasters.

Comments

Ro
  28th of Mar, 2011
It's funny. I noticed you left three different remarks on the same day for this company for three different products? Bizarre don't you think? Well I can tell you one thing, I definitely like Strutmasters much better than Suncore. Arnott isn't bad either. If I had to choose I would choose Arnott or Strutmasters over Suncore's janky product. Talk about poor quality and poor customer service. They used to be my favorite suspension stop until I found these other two alternatives. I tell all my customers my preferences about Arnott and Strutmasters.
Dp
  1st of Jul, 2011
rockstar1980. Do you have any specific good experience with Strutmasters Air to Coil Spring conversion kits which I currently having noise, leaking problems with ?
Wa
  6th of Jul, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am VERY dissatisfied by the ride quality that I have using Strutmaster parts. I changed over the suspension on my 1995 Cadillac DeVille. The front is WAY too firm for a Cadillac and the rear is way too soft. I feel like I am in a 1965 Ford Mustang and those who owned a Mustang will tell you they rode HORRIBLE! When I bought the conversion kit from Strutmasters, I expected the front to be "Cadillac soft" and the rear to be slightly firmer in keeping with the Cadillac tradition. The rear end of the car is bouncing all over the place. I opted for the "Gold" edition which was $100.00 more than the normal edition too. I replaced the suspension on my 1994 DeVille with the cheaper conversion kit at $599.00 and they were too firm in the rear but, if I added 100 pounds in the trunk, it straightened the ride out.

I will never again deal with Strutmaster.
Wa
  8th of Jul, 2015
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just wanted to add that I tried to post a comment on Strutmasters's website that was basically the same as what I wrote above and they never posted it to the public so, apparently, they only post those comments which show them in a good light. How many hundreds, possibly THOUSANDS, of dissatisfied customers have written in only to have their complaints ignored? I will now have to spend thousands to correct the problem with my Cadillac's ride. Oh, and another thing, they never told me to have my knuckle bushings checked or changed at the time I had the new suspension installed. So, as a result of that, I now have to have a 4 wheel alignment done AGAIN as I had to have it done after the installation of the new suspension.

Doing business with Strutmasters has cost me HUNDREDS of Dollars more than if I had gone to someone else.

I wouldn't recommend them at all.
  16th of Apr, 2018
I purchased 2 air ride replacement shocks and 2 struts for my Cadillac Eldorado. The rear shocks were 40% or so thinner than the originals, the top mounting was at least 1/8" narrower than the original, and I did not feel comfortable using them. I tried to return them and was told that 30 days had elapsed, too bad. I explained that in Upstate NY the weather was not conducive to working in the driveway, and was again told "Too bad, 30 day limit". I was also told as I was complaining about the rear shocks "We don't even make those" - which is in direct contradiction of the tone and wording of their advertising videos. One has to wonder from which Asian paradise those shocks may have been sourced.

I got disgusted, will sell the rear shocks on eBay. I bought Arnott replacements, they were actually identical to the original, bolted right in no hassle.

Turning to the front struts - They are substantially similar to the original other than the springs not being of the same diameter steel. I installed them, they went in fairly easily, no problems - UNTIL I go to install the sway bar link to the new strut mounting bracket. Two problems. The original strut bracket is built up in thickness to accommodate the unthreaded shank of the sway bar link. The strutmaster replacement is the same thickness of steel throughout the mount. They did include a block of approximately 1/4 inch steel with a hole drilled in it to accommodate the link. Two problems: first, the darn link end will not fit through the hole, and second, there is not the same degree of strength in the thinner strutmaster mount to provide lateral support for the sway bar link stud.

On calling tech support at strutmaster, I got an answering machine. A day later, I get called back, and they left a voice mail for me. I returned that call, and again, got their answering machine. THIS is tech support???????

To be honest, I bought these because, and only because, they allegedly are US made. I have plenty of experience dealing with Chinese vendors in my business, and preferred a US product to repair something that weighs 4000 pounds and moves down the road at 90 MPH. Based on the quality of the rear shocks, and the sloppy design of the front struts, and the erroneous sizing of the hole in the spacer bar for the sway bar link, and the barely civil treatment I got from customer service, that Chinese junk is starting to look better and better.