Stream Energy / average billing balance

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Our bill went from $217 each month to a sudden $1000. They said our average balanced billing plan exprired...we never where told that it only lasted so long or when it would terminate. They told us to pay immidiately or we would have service cut off...we payed $400 on my credit card because i was pregnant and taking care of a handicaped stroke victim in my home both of us were heat sensitive. they agreed to keep our power on..but nope..it got turned off. This was such a huge traumatic experience for us.
well...we sold our house and requested our final bill and that our electricty would be cut off. My husband paid the final amount which was stated on the bill and over the phone by a stream rep. After moving out they mailed us a bill saying we owethem $1700...what and how? We told them it was bogus and we never paid it. Stream sent it over to a collections company. Brown and Joseph is the company still trying to collect after weve told them for 6 months that we will not pay and that it is a disputed amount. This past week they have been calling offering a 50% settelment. My husband almost thought that sounded good, but they told us that our final payment never cleared the bank I looked it up and our bank cleared the money 6 months ago..what do i need to do next. truth be said Im sure Stream would owe us lots of money.

Comments

• Be
      1st of Apr, 2009

Something needs to be done about Stream. If there is a class action suit or any court action against them for their practices I would join. They are very tricky. When I complained that they should have informed me of other plans that they had to lock in my rates or save me some money long term, they had no answer. The very next day, I received my first promotional email from them.

Never had they done this before. They would not even include promotional fliers with the bill or anything of the sort. Instead they spike their rates from $0.13 to $0.21 and expect you to be grateful it wasn't more than that.