Straight Talk / false advertising

1 Vivian, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 903-508-7238

Straight talk has lied about the unlimited internet usage for $45.00 per month. I have had phone service with them since 2009. I have never received a text message from 2009 through 2013 saying that I have used all my high speed data.in 2014 I started receiving text messages from them saying that I have used all my high speed data. From 2009 through 2013 I used the same internet usage that I use now. (Nothing i'm doing different). I was never notified of any changes that may have taken place according. This is unacceptable and straight talk should be held accountable for false advertisement. They do not tell you in the advertisements or upon activation of your phone that your data will be reduced.

Ca
Jun 29, 2015

Comments

• Th
      23rd of Nov, 2015

I have had straight talk since November 6th 2015 I had received a text saying I had used up my five gigs of data within 12 days. And they slowed my data down, I called them to figure out why their app says differently. They told me they can't do anything since my phone was already past the 5 gigs of data. One lady said she will reset my data and they would credit me for 5 gigs. So I waited a half hour and it didn't reset, so I called them back and the man said that the lady lied just to get me off the phone and they have no authority so do anything. So I said I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and he told me the computer has no record of sending a text nor my data being slowed down. So again I said I wanted to speak to his supervisor. They also told me the lady I first spoke to lied to me and again they can't do anything. And that the computer says I just used up my five gigs today so there's nothing they can do. He also told me to hold on so he can find the lady who said that she would reset my data. And after about 10 minutes of being on hold he just hangs up on me. So again I call and they still say they can't do anything because they have no authority. So the lady transfers me again and the next lady said yes they can reset it but the others just didn't want to. And she told me to wait 2 hours and it would be fixed. So i waited and nothing. So call back and they transfer me to track phone technical support and they tell me they can't do anything and the people that said they could fix it just lied and they can't do anything. And they also admit they did slow my data down because I was getting close to my 5 gig limit. So they slowed it down. She told me that they slow everyone down when they get close to their limit. And then they will have internet speeds of 64kbps. Even though the website, app, and the refill cards say first five gigs of data high speeds then 2g after that. She continually argued with e about the data limitations. She kept telling me it doesn't say that anywhere. And they aren't going to do anything about it. She even refused to transfer me to her supervisor. I had never been treated so wrongfully in y life! What kind of customer service tells u that that their other employee's just lie to get u off the phone? And what kind of company has such horrible technical support? There's other words to explain the service I received but I don't think those words be appropriate. Even though they would best describe the service I received. Is there anyone out there who can help?

• Xi
      8th of Dec, 2015

I was about to give up on my phone until I found this email address for Straight Talk and they actually fixed all my problems. Now, I am glad I decided to give it another try. Send them your name, cell number and serial number. The email address is ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with them live . They will help you!