Starzplay — movie + tv shows streaming
I subscribed to the online Movie streaming network called StarzPlay on March 2016. There is an offer that allows new users to try the system for a month without any money being paid upfront. It clearly read as 'Money will not be deducted' if I cancel the subcription before the last day of the trial period. As I did not like their service, I unsubscribed the package before the last day and I received the confirmation email from their system (trail mail below for your reference) stating that the unsubscription has been successful and I will not be charged.
On April 27th I received the below message from my Dubai First credit card stating that USD 7.99 has been deducted form my account.
Dear Customer, you made a Purchase of USD 7.99 at STARZ Play, [protected] using card: 0003. Avl. limit AED XXXXXXX
April 27 2016
I wrote to starzplay on the same day and informed them. I received a generic reply from their automated system that day. On May 1st (after 3 days) I received a follow up message stating the issue is still under investigation. Then on May 2nd I received a message stating that the case is resolved. They said the money will be refunded. However they did not mention how long it would take.
I wrote to them asking when I would receive my money back to which they gave me no clear answer. It is 4 days past their last message and I have no clue about when I will receive my money back.
As a consumer I feel cheated as they took money from my credit card in the first place when they advertised that they will not do and secondly they didn't care to give me any clear date as to when I will get my money back.
I still have not received my money back even after 20days
The STARZ Play Arabia service is operated by Playco Entertainment FZ LLC
Playco Entertainment FZ LLC
P.O.Box: 502301, Dubai
More Starzplay Complaints & Reviews
- Starz Entertainment - closed captioning 
- Starz Entertainment - cancelled and was still charged 
- Starz Entertainment - encore western channel removal of laramie 
- Starz - a charge to my credit card
- Starz Entertainment 855-247-9175 CO 3297069 - I am being billed, recurrently, to my credit card, and I have never signed up for starz or any other similar service. this is fraud.
- Starz Entertainment - triple charging my debit card for the same subscription
- Starz Entertainment - month subscription
- Starz Entertainment - starz movie channel
- Starz Entertainment - starz online 
- Starz Entertainment - cancelling my subscription