Star Vacation Club / Scam!

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Don't buy into Star vacation Club!!!!! This is one of the worst decisions I have done in my life. They will lie to you in the presentation and make you feel like this is a great vacation club that its going to save you a lot of money, etc. They assured us that we would get 50% off any hotel in the world. Well, their rates are actually the same or sometimes even more then the rate I found in the internet. They also told us we would be able to be spontaneous and make reservations 24 hours a day 7 days a week at any time. When we called their 24 hour 7 days a week hotline on a Saturday needing a place to stay, we got a recording telling us that their offices opened monday through friday. I don't recommend this club at all. If you already bought into it then I'm sorry and if you haven't, DON'T!!! Oh, their price is a scam too! Please tell as many people as you can to never buy a Star Vacation Club membership!

Comments

• Je
      16th of Apr, 2008

No, I didn't attend their 90-minute presentation to get "free coffee and snacks." No refreshments were offered! The sales staff was very friendly and kind to us...until we turned down their $8995 offer (which was then "generously" reduced by $2000). Then they became extremely cold and accusatory. I had been promised a "free gift" and a "free $100 gas voucher." To get the "free gift" - a 3-day vacation - I am expected to pay $50 per person. To get the "free $100 gas voucher" I had to mail in the form, then receive another form, mail that in with my choice of listed gas stations (what do you want to bet that their "listed" stations are not in my town??), wait to receive another form from them, visit the "chosen" gas station and spend $100 in one month's time (OK, that's not going to be difficult), then turn in the gas receipts and wait for my $25 coupon. Are you getting the picture? I must jump through hoop after hoop after hoop...is it no wonder that people are skeptical of this company? I'm so glad I went with my gut feeling and turned them down. The last representative I dealt with that night reminded me of a gangster - in looks and actions. He was a very scary individual. I felt sorry for the single girl who attended the presentation that night. At least I was with my big, strong husband! If I ever feel the need for a cheap vacation I will go to lastminutevacations.com or some other reputable, non-pressure agency.

• El
      3rd of May, 2008

Cant thank you all enough for taking the time to post your experiences on this board. You just saved me 2 hours and a big headache! I distinctly asked, and was distinctly told, that this was for "a new travel agency in Gilbert. We are not trying to sell you anything" I said, "then who will be?" "No one!" I should have known better. Glad I did some snooping around and found this site before wasting my time. THANK YOU!!

• Dx
      7th of Jul, 2009

wow-what a terrible company-my husband and i have been fighting with them and our bank for months-not to mention being turned over to collections-it is terrible-they are a scam-we too, were told we had won a prize-drove for several hours to get there, and this is what we ended up with-headaches, and debt-i advice all of you out there-do not get involved with star vacation club!!!