Staples.com / staples.com gift cards are not usable

I went to a Staples store to purchase a toner cartridge, they did not stock it in the store. No biggie, they offered to order it there, but since I was in a hurry, i figured I would just order it online that the next day.

I did this then tried to use a cash card that I got from a return and a gift card I was given-both were from Staples and both said Staples.com on them. The problem is, you can not use either on there web site! So, I 800 number, again, there was no way possible to use either card. I was told that I have to go into the store to use them. I told them the store does not stock the item. It didn't matter, I had to go back to the store, to place the order for something they do not stock in the store in order to pay with the cards. The nearest Staples is 30 minutes away. That is why I shop online! No where in the store does it tell you this. Online you do not find it out until you finish your order.

Time to shop elsewhere.

A  10th of Apr, 2007 by
I bought some toner cartridges from Staples online. I was sent a rebate form which I filled out but it was rejected later on and I didn't receive $10 rebate money back. I was deceived by Staples into this deal.

Not only that, but also many times I was discriminated at Staples location at Logan Town Centre, Altoona PA while trying to purchase items, when I needed help, I was ignored because I am an Asian but other customers were taken care of. The store manager's name is Penny. I am very upset with this kind of policy from staples.
D  29th of Nov, 2008 by
i made a purchase in store1625 black friday the man at the cash reg. did not put the item in the bag i when out to the car saw that the item was not there when back in the store they could not help me/ i think its a scam between your staff i am getting a lawer to take this case, the item was a soraher set for a computer cyber 14 watt price 25.99 this is not a way to run a buss. i know noting will be done this is why i am getting a lawer for the rest of the public not to be taken

Staples Logo Staples