Staples.ca / fraud and scam

1 Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

Bought a GPS unit $269.00 took it in for warranty battery dead and not locating satellite. I had purchased the extended warranty for a extra $50. Told they would ship for repair. Next day I get a call from Toronto I am in Vancouver we have looked at the unit and it is not worth fixing will will mail you a cheque for $170 depreciated replacement value. I pay $269.00+$50.00 and all I get is $170.00 oh yeah and I phoned the store and the unit hasn't been shipped yet so how do they know it.s not worth fixing. The CSR said well you used it for 14 months that costs something.

Stay away from Staples Warranties they aren't worth the price of the paper their printed on. It is not a replacement warranty like they tell you buyer beware!

Va

Comments

• Kr
      25th of Nov, 2009

You're right. It'd be a million times better to be stuck with a broken GPS after the manufacturer says they won't cover it. Then you'll bust into your local store and raise a fit over something they offered to protect in the first place. Good luck next time a piece of equipment breaks on you, because if you come into my store, I will not do a damn thing to help.