Stamps.com / Monthly Fees

Stamps.com web site is a company that has used flagrant deception to bilk customers out of $20 per month monthly fees. They have set up their web site to be difficult and confusing so that you don't even realize you have signed up for monthly charges until you get the bill on your credit card statement. To get information about pricing, I signed up and gave credit card info as I intended to make a purchase. The prices were higher than usps, so I did not make the purchase for shipping materials. They do not disclose on the sign up page that there will be a monthly fee even if no services are used by the customer. and, they provide zero service for their fees. When trying to communicate or cancel, after receiving a bill on my credit card (and then they tell me they have already billed me for 2 additional months), they tell me "tough luck"- it tells you, the customer on the 3rd page in small print that you will be charged. They do not provide cancellation via website even though this is the way one signs up and make customers wait 5-10 minutes for customer service- This company is a scam operation with a misleading web site and should be shut down. I would imagine there are services that they could profess are useable, but this deceptive manner of charging without service is abhorant.

A  8th of Mar, 2009 by
Same experience exactly. You must be able to open their software to be able to see your account and find out if you are still enrolled, yet if you cannot open their software at all (my experience) even to use the service, you do not have access to your account. Customer service wait times are extreme and they fall back on the "you should have read the fine print" to justify the continuous charging of monthly fees for absolutely no service rendered whatsoever. This company should be criminally investigated.

Stamps.com Logo Stamps.com